News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

It's warming up and crotch rockets are back in season on Maryland's highways

Started by cpzilliacus, April 15, 2013, 08:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdmichael

Quote from: cpzilliacus on April 29, 2013, 09:59:12 AM
Wonder if this California Highway Patrol pursuit (which ended in what was apparently a head-on crash in Glendale) involved a crotch rocket?  From the look of the tire in the associated video, I suspect it was.

CHP Pursuit Ends Horrifically With Suspect Cyclist Crashing Head-On Into Car

Judging from the plastic fairing bits, it was at least a sportbike. The vest or jacket with a patch almost says "squid" so running from the cops may have been something "cool" to do regardless of guilt. Either way, a dumbass move regardless of mode of transport.

Takumi

A bit late to the police car model discussion, but relevant to the DC metro area: I found out last week that both Prince William and Fairfax each have an undercover Nissan GT-R police car.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

cpzilliacus

Quote from: Takumi on May 05, 2013, 11:38:39 AM
A bit late to the police car model discussion, but relevant to the DC metro area: I found out last week that both Prince William and Fairfax each have an undercover Nissan GT-R police car.

Wow.  I have not seen even one of those for police use.   Wonder if they were added to the fleet for crotch rocket pursuit purposes?

A crotch rocketer that gets caught in Virginia runs a real risk of jail time.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.