News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Pacific Southwest / Re: Westside Parkway & Centenn...
Last post by cl94 - Today at 12:08:50 AM
Yeah, this doesn't reflect too well on Bakersfield drivers. It seemed pretty straightforward when I drove the segment. That being said, need to accommodate the lowest common denominator with signs. Safety metrics do not care about the incompetence of drivers and, as such, it is in the agency's best interest to "dumb things down". Because, even if something can be attributed to driver error, it goes down as a strike against KernCOG's and D6's metrics.

(personal opinion emphasized)
Pacific Southwest / Re: Interstate 11 alignment, t...
Last post by cl94 - Today at 12:03:24 AM
Quote from: Scott5114 on April 29, 2024, 08:40:44 PMWhen they do, I wonder if they'll replace the ancient-looking sign on Lake Mead Blvd. for US-95 north with a control city of Tonopah with one that says Reno instead.

District 2 has been going to more localized control cities as of late, so who knows. See the new signs on I-580 NB that show I-80 EB with a control city of Sparks (instead of Elko, which itself is pushing it). Never mind that the city limit is visible from 580 and downtown is only a couple of miles away.

(personal opinion emphasized)
Last post by kkt - Today at 12:03:20 AM
Pretty minor stuff.  Not exactly talking about subverting a presidential election here.
Great Lakes and Ohio Valley / Re: Indiana Notes
Last post by ITB - April 30, 2024, 11:42:33 PM

In Crawfordsville, a long sought after extension of the Purple Heart Pkwy. officially broke ground yesterday. The $5.3 million project will extend the parkway east from US 231 to Ladoga Road.
Southeast / Re: Florida
Last post by roadman65 - April 30, 2024, 11:12:32 PM
New Gateway Express photos taken two days ago.

Last post by Rothman - April 30, 2024, 11:07:39 PM
Pfft.  What I get from that video is that Californian drivers are idiots.  Lane posts are clear, signage is fine as is...
Northeast / Re: Massachusetts
Last post by pderocco - April 30, 2024, 11:07:35 PM
I have a vague memory of seeing POINTS NORTH on some BGS in Massachusetts when I was young, probably in Boston.
Last post by Sani - April 30, 2024, 11:00:21 PM
Local news went all Dateline on the poor project manager for Caltrans. Even printed out and strung up a bunch of unanswered emails, trying to look like Bakersfield's own Woodward and Bernstein.

Southeast / Re: Interstate 42
Last post by sprjus4 - April 30, 2024, 10:55:34 PM
Quote from: LilianaUwU on April 30, 2024, 04:49:16 PMWait, Morehead City is a town of 8600 people?! How the fuck does that warrant an Interstate?
Yeah, there's a lot more in that area, let alone the traffic volumes, that warrants an interstate highway, or at minimum a fully controlled access highway.
Mid-Atlantic / Re: Francis Scott Key Bridge (...
Last post by jeffandnicole - April 30, 2024, 10:49:28 PM
Quote from: Henry on April 30, 2024, 09:59:20 PMThey ought to tear down the fucking bridge right now, and build a new one in its place; the remainder doesn't look safe to me, not even as a fishing pier.

How was the remainder of the bridge affected by the collapse? The pier hit was holding up the structure that collapsed. The approaches were unaffected.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.