News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Texas: Proposed I-35 improvements in Cooke County

Started by Brian556, August 28, 2014, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

Interesting stuff here. Especially at Valley View, where they are/were considering relocating I-35 to the west of town; according to the initial designs. However, according to the "Preferred Alignment, June 2007" section, they want to relocate the BNSF RR track to the east instead of moving the highway.

Just south of the Red River, it shows that they want to shift the highway slightly to the west at the curve south of the river.

http://www.txdot.gov/inside-txdot/projects/studies/wichita-falls/i35-cooke-county/maps.html

Scott5114

This segment of highway could use some improvements. If I remember correctly, it has a 75 MPH speed limit, which you can barely keep up with all of the curves. The median is very narrow, too.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

rte66man

I couldn't find it, but there was an older thread about this corridor.  IIRC the plans were to send 35 due north at the Denton/Cooke County line, past Valley View and Gainesville to the west, then bend back to the east to meet up with the Red River bridges.  TxDOT said it would cost upwards of $800 million, so they were proposing it as a toll road (big surprise).

Scott, the only bad parts of 35 are between the river and the outlet mall (about 3 miles) and the stretch from US82 south 2 miles in Gainesville.  The rest can easily be navigated at 75 mph.
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.