News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

hey bugo

Started by NE2, February 15, 2015, 03:39:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

bugo

Yeah, I've seen those. I don't know what's up with the alignment of AR 88 (now AR 8) west of Mena. There has never been a road on that alignment that I know of. I'm also not sure about the US 270 alignment because as far as I know, it has never run north of the river at Eagleton. There is an ancient road north of the river, but  I am sure it predates AR 8 (and US 59-270).

NE2

A lot of it may be early plans, where they decided to instead build the road elsewhere.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

US71

Quote from: NE2 on February 15, 2015, 05:37:06 PM
A lot of it may be early plans, where they decided to instead build the road elsewhere.
I suspect they are old alignments.
On one of them, you can see where 45 was erased from the marker and replaced with 59. Comparing 2 maps, there also seems to be a shift in alignment.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

bugo

The lines along AR 88 (now AR 8) and AR 8 (now US 59-270) are not old alignments. There aren't any roads at all where the erased iines are.

US71

Quote from: bugo on February 18, 2015, 04:14:13 PM
The lines along AR 88 (now AR 8) and AR 8 (now US 59-270) are not old alignments. There aren't any roads at all where the erased iines are.
Considering the age (80+ years) could they simply be too overgrown to see?
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

bugo

There have never been highways there. There is a bit of old roadbed near Eagleton but I'm 99% sure it was never a highway.

Molandfreak

Best topic name ever? :bigass:
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.