News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

San Antonio now home to sole drive-thru only Burger King in Texas

Started by ZLoth, May 09, 2024, 07:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vdeane

Quote from: Road Hog on May 24, 2024, 03:41:24 AMwho dines in at a QSR anymore
People who are on a roadtrip and need to do things like go to the bathroom and don't want to eat in their car?  Honestly, I don't really get fast food unless I'm on the road, so the only time I would locally is upon returning from a trip - in which case I would want to unpack first, and would probably get something like a sub that I would feel OK leaving for a while (ie, I don't care if it gets cold).  So really, I could ask the opposite - who doesn't dine in at a QSR?
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

dlsterner

Quote from: Road Hog on May 24, 2024, 03:41:24 AMwho dines in at a QSR anymore.

I do.  Especially on a road trip I would much rather eat at a table than in my car.  Also have access to the drink refill station and the restroom.  I make sure to plan my trips to be leisurely enough that I don't feel compelled to shave off every last minute of my driving time.

CtrlAltDel

Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

Big John

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Scott5114

Quote from: Road Hog on May 24, 2024, 03:41:24 AMMcD's has a drive-thru-only location in McKinney,just east of 75 on University. I think they tore down a Boston Market to build it. Regarding BK, wouldn't stun me because who dines in at a QSR anymore.

I do when I get hungry in the beginning or middle of a chain of errands.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

ClassicHasClass

Quote from: vdeane on May 24, 2024, 12:59:45 PMSo really, I could ask the opposite - who doesn't dine in at a QSR?

I don't anymore. If we're going to one, we get it to go, though we have other health concerns nowadays. COVID isn't over for everybody.

ErmineNotyours

Turns out I had taken a picture of the drive-thru-only McDonald's of Tillicum, Washington, outside of Fort Lewis.  March 2009.  It has since been replaced by a standard McDonald's.

Road Hog

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.