News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Plimoth Plantation Highway

Started by rushfan01760, July 14, 2020, 06:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rushfan01760

Plimoth Plantation in Plymouth, Massachusetts will be changing its name to Plimoth Patuxet:

https://whdh.com/news/plimoth-plantation-to-change-its-name/

Most likely MassDOT will have to change the name of the Plimoth Plantation Highway (a short connector between Massachusetts Routes 3 and 3A that has an exit to the museum).  It could change it to the "Plimoth Patuxet Highway" but maybe there are better suggestions out there.  Here's a couple of mine:

"Manomet Connector"
"White Horse Beach Connector"

SectorZ

Quote from: rushfan01760 on July 14, 2020, 06:49:24 PM
Plimoth Plantation in Plymouth, Massachusetts will be changing its name to Plimoth Patuxet:

https://whdh.com/news/plimoth-plantation-to-change-its-name/

Most likely MassDOT will have to change the name of the Plimoth Plantation Highway (a short connector between Massachusetts Routes 3 and 3A that has an exit to the museum).  It could change it to the "Plimoth Patuxet Highway" but maybe there are better suggestions out there.  Here's a couple of mine:

"Manomet Connector"
"White Horse Beach Connector"

I like "to 3/to 3A" for each side.

Alps

Give it a route number. Call it 303.

storm2k

Quote from: Alps on July 15, 2020, 12:27:04 AM

If the highway is from 3 to 3A, would not 323 be a better route number in this case?

RobbieL2415

Sign it as US 44. That way it can end at a surface street. I'm not sure why they didn't do that when the freeway bypass opened.

roadman

Quote from: storm2k on July 17, 2020, 03:26:41 PM
Quote from: Alps on July 15, 2020, 12:27:04 AM

If the highway is from 3 to 3A, would not 323 be a better route number in this case?

Wouldn't that be 323A?
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

shadyjay

How 'bout signing it 393?   

(explanation would be far too "fictional")

vdeane

Quote from: RobbieL2415 on July 17, 2020, 03:57:03 PM
Sign it as US 44. That way it can end at a surface street. I'm not sure why they didn't do that when the freeway bypass opened.
It already does.  US 44 overlaps with MA 3 to rejoin its former alignment.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.