News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

US 422 from Wyomissing to I-76/I-276/US 202

Started by 74/171FAN, April 23, 2009, 03:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

74/171FAN

Tolls could be put onto US 422 NW of Philadelphia(like there aren't enough tolls already in PA) :banghead:  http://www.tollroadsnews.com/node/4120
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

mightyace

Well, on the rail side, officials on the corridor have been pining for the "Schuylkill Valley Metro" which is a commuter rail service from Philly to Reading along the 422 corridor for years.

It has never been done as the funding has never been available.

While I'm turning into an anti-toll person as I get older, I prefer this concept to the often attempted and not yet successful attempts to toll I-80 in rural northern PA.

This toll project would be funded by the same people who could benefit by the train.
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

PAHighways

Old news however it is another "I'll believe it when I see it" idea.

mightyace

QuoteOld news however it is another "I'll believe it when I see it" idea.

Do you think the folks in Harrisburg might just be trying to toll everything in sight and hope something sticks?  :pan:
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

PAHighways

Quote from: mightyace on April 23, 2009, 06:59:48 PMDo you think the folks in Harrisburg might just be trying to toll everything in sight and hope something sticks?  :pan:

If talk of tolling 30, whose roots lie in a toll road, starts to surface, then I'd begin to wonder.

leifvanderwall

if they do toll US 422 then PA should make the entire corridor I-82.

PAHighways

Nothing wrong in keeping it US 422 with "TOLL" above the numbers or making a white-on-green PA Turnpike style US marker if tolls are implemented.

travelinmiles

What kind of improvements are going to made to facility, I know they said modernization...but what kind of expansion would take place?

PAHighways

With the congestion issues on the easternmost section of 422, I would expect a widening to six lanes and improvements to interchanges.

Alex

http://www.kyw1060.com/Road-Work-Begins-on-Route-422-in-Montgomery-County/4469578

Posted: Tuesday, 26 May 2009 6:45AM

Road Work Begins on Route 422 in Montco
by KYW's Brad Segall

Construction work begins today on what's expected to be a year-long project to repair and resurface four miles of heavily traveled Route 422 in Montgomery County, Pa.

Penndot officials admit this is a project that may not have seen the light of day for a couple of years, but thanks to federal stimulus money, the more than $12-million project will get done. Penndot's Gene Blaum says crews will begin rehabilitating four miles of the highway between the Collegeville and Royersford interchanges:

"And we're going to be replacing concrete and eventually resurface that whole stretch of pavement which again is in very poor condition and it will be a much smoother ride once the work is done."

Drivers will face lane closures but the contractor will keep all lanes open during peak morning and afternoon commuting hours.

The work will also include safety rumble strips on the shoulders, reflective pavement markers, and new guide rails.

PAHighways

74/171FAN

Quote from: PAHighways on May 23, 2009, 03:35:10 PM
With the congestion issues on the easternmost section of 422, I would expect a widening to six lanes and improvements to interchanges.

Definitely bumping a super-old topic, but PENNDOT has rewarded a contract to replace and widen the US 422 Schuylkill River Bridge along with improvements at the PA 23 interchange in Valley Forge.

This is being done after work was completed last month to improve the interchange at PA 363 to have full access to/from US 422.

Also the bridge replacements on US 422 over the Schuylkill River in Pottstown continue.

NOTE:  None of these projects going on currently involve tolling.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

noelbotevera

Who wants to bet Bill Gates' money that this will turn into repeated tolling attempts. Guess corruption is high here.
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

Chris19001

Quote from: noelbotevera on January 26, 2016, 04:51:33 PM
Who wants to bet Bill Gates' money that this will turn into repeated tolling attempts. Guess corruption is high here.
Huh?  What are you talking about?

74/171FAN

Update on the US 422 Schuylkill River Bridge Project.  It is expected to be complete by the end of the year.

qguy

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.