News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Covid vaccination status?

Started by hbelkins, March 04, 2021, 09:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your covid vaccination status?

I have taken the first shot, but not yet taken the second one.
22 (16.4%)
I have taken both shots.
74 (55.2%)
I plan to take the one-dose shot when it's available in my area.
4 (3%)
My priority group is not yet eligible, but I plan to take it when I can.
16 (11.9%)
I have not had covid and I don't plan to take the shot at all.
14 (10.4%)
I've already had covid so I don't need to/don't plan to take the shot.
3 (2.2%)
I've already had covid but I do plan to take the shot.
7 (5.2%)

Total Members Voted: 134

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on April 15, 2021, 12:14:49 PM
Second shot just obtained, I am now the Lord of the Lizard People.  All will fear me and my 5G death beams.
Why would you let Bill Gates steal your DNA?
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

kurumi

Second shot just obtained, I am now the Lord of the Lizard People.  All will fear me and my 5G death beams.

Mad Vax Fury Road
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Max Rockatansky

^^^^

This guy gets it.

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on April 15, 2021, 12:15:41 PM
Why would you let Bill Gates steal your DNA?

Club access to the subterranean lair at Denver International Airport and the Ice Wall. 

hbelkins

OK, here's something I haven't seen discussed before. If you are taking the two-shot series (not the single-shot J&J or A-Z), do you have to take the same brand both times? Or can you take the Pfizer shot first and the Moderna shot second? Most places just have one type -- the local Walgreen's has Moderna, but the big clinic at UK in Lexington has Pfizer.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

SSOWorld

Quote from: hbelkins on April 15, 2021, 01:08:10 PM
OK, here's something I haven't seen discussed before. If you are taking the two-shot series (not the single-shot J&J or A-Z), do you have to take the same brand both times? Or can you take the Pfizer shot first and the Moderna shot second? Most places just have one type -- the local Walgreen's has Moderna, but the big clinic at UK in Lexington has Pfizer.
Same brand yes.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

NWI_Irish96

They are very similar vaccines, so it should be fine, but since there were no clinical trials that mixed vaccines, so nobody can say officially that it's OK. The guidance has been that you should only switch from one to the other if you absolutely can't get a second dose of the same one within 8 weeks of the first dose.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

Max Rockatansky

Seemingly but the CDC doesn't recommend it since it hasn't been evaluated:

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/info-by-product/clinical-considerations.html#Interchangeability

And FWIW if I experience anything weird I'll be sure to note it here. 

J N Winkler

Quote from: hbelkins on April 15, 2021, 01:08:10 PMOK, here's something I haven't seen discussed before. If you are taking the two-shot series (not the single-shot J&J or A-Z), do you have to take the same brand both times? Or can you take the Pfizer shot first and the Moderna shot second? Most places just have one type -- the local Walgreen's has Moderna, but the big clinic at UK in Lexington has Pfizer.

Mixing shots probably won't kill you, but--per what others have said--you have to take them as tested (i.e., two shots of the same type at the appropriate spacing) to know what you are getting in terms of immune response.

I don't know that anyone is yet systematically studying double-layering vaccines (e.g., two shots of Moderna followed by two shots of Pfizer).  However, it has been reported that people who have had covid have had much more aggressive antibody generation following the first shot of one of the mRNA vaccines (I think Moderna) than people who have not had covid have had following the full course of shots.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

Zeffy

72 hours after my shot on Monday of the J&J. Not many side effects to report. Very mild soreness in my left arm still, but nothing else pin-pointable.
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

ilpt4u

I got the 2nd Pfizer dose today, and have changed by vote accordingly

No side effects just yet, anyway

JayhawkCO

Quote from: jayhawkco on April 15, 2021, 11:00:37 AM
Update on side effects.  Didn't sleep very well last night due to a) not being able to lay on my left side and b) going hot and cold all night.  When I woke up in the morning, I was a little bit nauseous, but that seems to have gone away for the most part.

Chris

Another update.  Felt like crap most of the day today.  Had chills, a headache, body aches, and a 100.8 degree fever.  I was also super tired most of the day, and ended up working from bed and fell asleep with my work computer on my lap.  More or less felt like having the flu without any congestion, cough, or nasal stuff.  Drank a ton of water and starting to feel a little better.  Hopefully a good night's sleep is on the way and I'm 100% tomorrow.

Chris

Duke87

Quote from: Rothman on April 15, 2021, 07:22:30 AM
Give it some more time.  We'll pass you eventually.

Ah ah ah, a few weeks ago you predicted NY would pass CT...
Quote from: Rothman on March 24, 2021, 10:58:25 PMin the near future

That is quite different from "eventually". No moving the goalposts.

But if it makes you feel better, we can check back in another three weeks and see where things stand.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

interstatefan990

Quote from: jayhawkco on April 15, 2021, 11:32:39 PM
Another update.  Felt like crap most of the day today.  Had chills, a headache, body aches, and a 100.8 degree fever.  I was also super tired most of the day, and ended up working from bed and fell asleep with my work computer on my lap.  More or less felt like having the flu without any congestion, cough, or nasal stuff.  Drank a ton of water and starting to feel a little better.  Hopefully a good night's sleep is on the way and I'm 100% tomorrow.

Chris

Was the same experience for me, except no fever after checking three times throughout the day. Interesting how some people get a temperature and others don't.
Multi-lane roundabouts are an abomination to mankind.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: interstatefan990 on April 16, 2021, 12:24:28 AM

Chris

Was the same experience for me, except no fever after checking three times throughout the day. Interesting how some people get a temperature and others don't.

I've never had a vaccination of any kind that gave me more than a sore arm.

ilpt4u

I woke up the morning after shot 2 with a sore left arm, but its not too bad, yet anyway

ET21

18 hours after shot 2, def a bit more fatigued compared to shot 1. Some roaming muscle aches as well
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

JayhawkCO

Quote from: interstatefan990 on April 16, 2021, 12:24:28 AM

Chris

Woke up this morning feeling 100% so far.  Temperature is back to 98.6 and my arm even hurts less than it did.  Glad those symptoms didn't last any longer than 24 hours.  Well worth it to get vaccinated either way though.

Chris

Max Rockatansky

Woke up, felt like crap and went for a run. I feel fine now, I chalk it up to sleeping bad all week.

tolbs17

First dose down, now the second one on May 5th!

It was the Pfizer one btw.

kphoger

I'm taking Advil in advance of my second shot later today.  Has anyone else done this?  (I got the idea from my mom, who is a retired nurse.)
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: kphoger on April 16, 2021, 04:03:11 PM
I'm taking Advil in advance of my second shot later today.  Has anyone else done this?  (I got the idea from my mom, who is a retired nurse.)

I just read on CNN that that's not recommended, but taking it after is fine.  Take that for what it's worth.

Chris

kphoger

Quote from: jayhawkco on April 16, 2021, 04:08:14 PM

I just read on CNN that that's not recommended, but taking it after is fine.  Take that for what it's worth.

Did it say why?
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: kphoger on April 16, 2021, 04:19:57 PM

Did it say why?

Was trying to find the article, but it's escaping me.  I'll keep digging.  Basically since they said the vaccine's effects hadn't been studied with those medications in your system. 

Edit:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/01/health/covid-vaccine-side-effects/index.html

QuoteCan I take over-the-counter meds if I get side effects?
"You can take these medications to relieve post-vaccination side effects if you have no other medical reasons that prevent you from taking these medications normally," the CDC said.
But it's "not recommended you take over-the-counter medicine -- such as ibuprofen, aspirin, or acetaminophen -- before vaccination for the purpose of trying to prevent vaccine-related side effects."
"It is not known how these medications might affect how well the vaccine works," the agency said.
"However, if you take these medications regularly for other reasons, you should keep taking them before you get vaccinated. It is also not recommended to take antihistamines before getting a COVID-19 vaccine to try to prevent allergic reactions."

Chris

kphoger

Quote from: jayhawkco on April 16, 2021, 04:23:49 PM

Did it say why?

Was trying to find the article, but it's escaping me.  I'll keep digging.  Basically since they said the vaccine's effects hadn't been studied with those medications in your system. 

pffft.  When the person giving me the shot says it's OK to take Tylenol to help with the discomfort...
Male pronouns, please.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: kphoger on April 16, 2021, 04:26:33 PM
Quote from: jayhawkco on April 16, 2021, 04:23:49 PM

Did it say why?

pffft.  When the person giving me the shot says it's OK to take Tylenol to help with the discomfort...

I also agree with you, but I would be remiss if I didn't share what I had read at least.

Chris

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.