News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Texas Toll Roads

Started by BigMattFromTexas, March 31, 2009, 04:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guysdrive780

Arlington is becoming a city and what they want is 360 to be extended. And now a toll.

I run the DOT Youtube Channel, Part time Worker for TXDOT, College Student studying Civil Engineering (Traffic Engineering). Please Keep in mind, I do not represent TXDOT and all opinions I say are my own and not TXDOT's

Bobby5280

I thought Arlington had been a city for a long time. Building TX 360 from I-20 to US-287 as a toll road is probably the only way it could get built with regard to Texas' and the federal government's budget problems, sequestration and the general unwillingness for elected officials to do their jobs. Instead of negotiating solutions to problems they're more interested in how they look on MSNBC and Fox News.

US-287 is another big question. How is the section of it running from the South side of Fort Worth to Ennis (and I-45) going to end up? That section needs to be 100% limited access from I-20 to I-45. A big part of it is that way already, but some sections of it are not. That includes a stop light intersection at TX-360 that would be converted into a stack interchange if the TX-360 proposal goes through. US-287 gets dropped down to a ridiculously puny 2-lane facility as it nears and connects to I-45. It's clear the ultimate goal for US-287 on the South side of the DFW metroplex is a superhighway facility, but it is getting built very slowly in piece-meal fashion. I just wonder if it's going to end up as a toll road just to get completed.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.