News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Dibs

Started by Brandon, November 27, 2018, 01:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

Quote from: abefroman329 on November 28, 2018, 03:04:49 PM
Quote from: kphoger on November 28, 2018, 02:32:17 PM
Quote from: abefroman329 on November 28, 2018, 02:27:06 PM
Quote from: kphoger on November 28, 2018, 02:01:47 PM
Quote from: 1995hoo on November 27, 2018, 06:30:40 PM
Butters does take off his pants and underwear when he takes a dump, but that's because he sits facing the wall, using the toilet tank as a shelf for his book.

I don't see how sitting backwards on a toilet requires removing one's pants anyway.  Pants go around your ankles, legs straddle the toilet, all is good.
That wouldn't work if the toilet had a cistern.  Your pants would be resting on the part that connects the bowl to the cistern.  That's disgusting.

??  Please explain.  To me, a toilet cistern is the same thing as a toilet tank–which would not be in contact with one's pants.
Where are your pants resting if they're around your ankles and you're straddling a toilet?

In front of the stool.
Follow the steps below, and your feet never have to move. ***

1.  Face the toilet.
2.  Pull your pants down.
3.  Sit on the toilet, straddling it with your legs.

This gentleman's body posture could remain more or less the same if his pants were around his ankles:

edited at the request of my lawyer

***  If you start to lose your balance, please do move your feet to avoid unnecessary injury.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

kphoger

Hmmm...  Upon further reflection practicing in the bathroom at work just now, it occurs to me that I have an important advantage over many people, and certainly over the characters of South Park:  long legs.  The procedure I described may very well not work for those with shorter legs.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

1995hoo

Quote from: kphoger on November 28, 2018, 03:28:37 PM
Hmmm...  Upon further reflection practicing in the bathroom at work just now, it occurs to me that I have an important advantage over many people, and certainly over the characters of South Park:  long legs.  The procedure I described may very well not work for those with shorter legs.

I've noted two important differences between most of the workplace toilets I've encountered versus the ones at home: (1) The workplace ones are generally the type that's open underneath, i.e. bolted to the wall, such that in theory it would be easier to sit facing the wall because you wouldn't have to tuck your legs backward as seen in the photo above because they could just slide under the bowl. (2) The workplace ones often have a different style seat from the ones at home in that they usually have the open end, which might or might not be important depending on how your arse is positioned. (At home we have the "comfort height" toilets with the "elongated" bowls as opposed to the "round front" bowls. The elongated-style seat tapers a lot more at the one end, so precise positioning would become a lot more important if one were to try going Butters-style.)
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

abefroman329

I think I'll continue to sit on the toilet facing forward, thanks.

1995hoo

Quote from: abefroman329 on November 28, 2018, 03:40:40 PM
I think I'll continue to sit on the toilet facing forward, thanks.

But (to bring this thread back onto the topic of parking dibs) if you took a dump facing the wall, and you positioned some kind of basin or other dish in an appropriate spot to catch anything that might "miss" the bowl, you'd then have a "space saver" for your parking dibs that almost nobody else would be willing to remove!  :-o

kphoger

Quote from: 1995hoo on November 28, 2018, 03:32:25 PM
(At home we have the "comfort height" toilets with the "elongated" bowls as opposed to the "round front" bowls. The elongated-style seat tapers a lot more at the one end, so precise positioning would become a lot more important if one were to try going Butters-style.)

Indeed, your stalactite might become a pillar.

Quote from: NE2 on December 01, 2010, 01:52:31 PM
pooing is cool.
Male pronouns, please.

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: 1995hoo on November 28, 2018, 03:45:02 PM
But (to bring this thread back onto the topic of parking dibs) if you took a dump facing the wall, and you positioned some kind of basin or other dish in an appropriate spot to catch anything that might "miss" the bowl, you'd then have a "space saver" for your parking dibs that almost nobody else would be willing to remove!  :-o

Or you could just poo in the street, and save yourself a few steps. :bigass:

formulanone

How about we bring this tread full circle by leaving a steaming pile of turds in the spot that you've just shoveled, just to mark the territory?

abefroman329

Quote from: formulanone on November 28, 2018, 05:59:49 PM
How about we bring this tread full circle by leaving a steaming pile of turds in the spot that you've just shoveled, just to mark the territory?
1995hoo beat you to that joke.

paulthemapguy

Or line the parking space in yellow-dyed snow scattered about in trace amounts.  The snow would be dyed yellow with food coloring, but other people won't know that...
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

formulanone

Quote from: abefroman329 on November 28, 2018, 06:40:09 PM
1995hoo beat you to that joke.

Sorry, I skipped the crap talk; figuring that being vile would move it back to its original discussion matter.

Tonytone

How about they create parking garages or parking lots in every neighborhood & this wouldn't happen, or even better , Ban car use in cities

iPhone
Promoting Cities since 1998!

abefroman329

Quote from: Tonytone on November 29, 2018, 12:36:23 AM
How about they create parking garages or parking lots in every neighborhood & this wouldn't happen, or even better , Ban car use in cities

iPhone
OK, what do you suggest we do with a city block that's filled with postwar apartment buildings that don't have off-street parking for all of its residents?  Tear down one or several to build a parking garage?  Dig an underground parking garage under the buildings?  Build a garage over the buildings?

There's no need to ban cars in cities, I think making it really inconvenient for many people to own a car in the city has had the desired effect.

Tonytone

Quote from: abefroman329 on November 29, 2018, 09:40:33 AM

iPhone
OK, what do you suggest we do with a city block that's filled with postwar apartment buildings that don't have off-street parking for all of its residents?  Tear down one or several to build a parking garage?  Dig an underground parking garage under the buildings?  Build a garage over the buildings?

There's no need to ban cars in cities, I think making it really inconvenient for many people to own a car in the city has had the desired effect.
You got it abe, thats exactly what I was thinking, tear one house down & make sort of a half parking garage or little parking lot, orrr build underground parking & I only said to ban cars in cities, is because it seems to only get worse, as cities start to get bigger & bigger.

iPhone
Promoting Cities since 1998!

ET21

Quote from: Tonytone on November 29, 2018, 09:44:38 AM
Quote from: abefroman329 on November 29, 2018, 09:40:33 AM

iPhone

You got it abe, thats exactly what I was thinking, tear one house down & make sort of a half parking garage or little parking lot, orrr build underground parking & I only said to ban cars in cities, is because it seems to only get worse, as cities start to get bigger & bigger.

iPhone

Already been proposed many times by local alderman. Newer constructions have started the "solve" the parking issue but mainly the city is promoting using public transit or biking to get around.
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

kphoger

I've got no problem driving my car over a steaming pile of turds and parking it there.  I'll just make sure to switch the vent to recirculate first.

Quote from: paulthemapguy on November 28, 2018, 08:04:42 PM
Or line the parking space in yellow-dyed snow scattered about in trace amounts.  The snow would be dyed yellow with food coloring, but other people won't know that...

Similarly, no problem here.  If it's snowy enough for this to be an issue, then I'm wearing serious boots that I don't worry about getting dirty.
Male pronouns, please.

hbelkins

Well, this thread certainly went to crap.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

paulthemapguy

Quote from: hbelkins on November 29, 2018, 11:56:08 AM

Not my fault. I was just trying to add some color  :bigass:

1995hoo

Quote from: hbelkins on November 29, 2018, 11:56:08 AM

paulthemapguy at least tried instead to piss you off.

abefroman329

Quote from: 1995hoo on November 29, 2018, 12:16:15 PM
Quote from: hbelkins on November 29, 2018, 11:56:08 AMWell, this thread certainly went to crap.
Yeah, he can be a real whiz sometimes.

1995hoo

Quote from: abefroman329 on November 29, 2018, 12:19:36 PM
Quote from: 1995hoo on November 29, 2018, 12:16:15 PM
Quote from: hbelkins on November 29, 2018, 11:56:08 AMWell, this thread certainly went to crap.
Yeah, he can be a real whiz sometimes.

Toilet humor can leak into any thread.

US71

Quote from: Brandon on November 27, 2018, 01:55:26 PM
After the recent winter storm, it's time for the old furniture and other junk to come out to claim shoveled out parking spaces in and around Chicago.  How many other places have this practice?

It's even a question in the mayoral races here: With flakes falling, Chicago mayoral candidates weigh in on "˜dibs' parking practice.

There are even columns on it: First big snowfall brings Judge Dibs to the bench

I understand there are now parking reservation services. I keep seeing ads on Gas Buddy
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

paulthemapguy

No piss.  Only food coloring.

abefroman329

Quote from: US71 on November 29, 2018, 12:35:10 PM
After the recent winter storm, it's time for the old furniture and other junk to come out to claim shoveled out parking spaces in and around Chicago.  How many other places have this practice?

It's even a question in the mayoral races here: With flakes falling, Chicago mayoral candidates weigh in on "˜dibs' parking practice.

I understand there are now parking reservation services. I keep seeing ads on Gas Buddy
That's for off-street parking, either in private parking garages and lots or, in the case of SpotHero, sometimes it's people who will rent out their personal parking spaces in an "AirBnB for parking spaces"-type scenario.  Those have been around for years.  There's no way to reserve on-street parking.

Scott5114

Quote from: abefroman329 on November 29, 2018, 01:31:10 PM
Quote from: US71 on November 29, 2018, 12:35:10 PM

That's for off-street parking, either in private parking garages and lots or, in the case of SpotHero, sometimes it's people who will rent out their personal parking spaces in an "AirBnB for parking spaces"-type scenario.  Those have been around for years.  There's no way to reserve on-street parking.

I suppose if it meant enough to you, you could set something up where you pay someone else to park their car in your spot, sit there, and wait for your return. I can see no way that would be illegal.

Here, we have solved the problem with the foolproof solution of living somewhere where it doesn't snow (and we don't have much on-street parking to begin with). As for the inclement weather we do have, it's generally accepted that if your spot is vacated during a tornado, you don't have dibs on it, mostly because it will take the insurance company too long to cut you a check so you can park something else there.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.