News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

I-15 French Valley Parkway Interchange Temecula

Started by andy3175, April 29, 2015, 12:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy3175

http://www.cityoftemecula.org/Temecula/Government/PublicWorks/FrenchValley.htm

QuotePURPOSE: Reduce congestion and improve safety by relieving the I-15/Winchester Road interchange and minimizing weaving movements on I-15 between Winchester Road and the I-15/I-215 Junction.

FEATURES:
- A new arterial, French Valley Parkway, connecting Jefferson Avenue and Ynez Road.
- A new interchange connecting French Valley Parkway to I-15.
- A new collector/distributor system along I-15 between Winchester Road and the I-15/I-215 Junction.
- Modifications to the I-15/Winchester Road interchange such as ramp widening for additional lanes.

PHASING (Two Phase Implementation)

Phase I: Designed to provide interim relief by widening the existing southbound off-ramp at Winchester Road, constructing the southbound off-ramp at the future French Valley Parkway, and constructing the westbound portion of French Valley Parkway between the new off-ramp and Jefferson Avenue.
Phase I Status: Construction complete.

Phase II: Designed to provide ultimate relief by constructing the balance of French Valley Parkway from Jefferson Avenue to Ynez Road, the full interchange connection to I-15, and the collector/distributor system along I-15.
Phase II Status:  Working with Caltrans to develop a revised work plan and scope to adjust project phasing.

http://www.pe.com/articles/phase-692717-temecula-million.html

QuoteThe new offramp, which faced months of delays before it was opened [on April 24, 2014], is one half of the first phase of the $200 million French Valley Parkway project, a massive infrastructure upgrade that will dramatically alter traffic patterns on the segment of Interstate 15 that cuts through Murrieta and Temecula.

The other half of the project's first phase is the wider Winchester Road offramp that opened in January [2014]. The combination of the expanded Winchester exit and the new French Valley ramp should, officials hope, eliminate the long line of cars that used to form ahead of Winchester.

The congestion caused by that line of cars was blamed for numerous collisions and fatal crashes over the years.

In the more ambitious -- and expensive -- second phase, a bridge will be built over Interstate 15 that will give motorists another route to the French Valley area to the east. There also will be roads built alongside Interstate 15 to allow motorists to avoid the crush of cars caused by the merger of interstates 15 and 215.

That phase is expected to cost around $170 million, money that will come from pooled transportation fees paid by developers and revenue from the Measure A half-cent sales tax that was specifically authorized by Riverside County voters to pay for roadwork. ...

[T]he last new exit added to Interstate 15 in this region was the Cantu-Galleano Rancho Road intersection north of Eastvale in the fall of 2007.

http://ttcinlandempire.blogspot.com/2014/04/what-heck-is-going-on-with-french.html

QuotePhase II of the French Valley Parkway promises to clear out the infamous northbound freeway bottleneck which often causes northbound afternoon peak hour traffic to back up all the way to the San Diego County Line and sometimes as far as Highway 76 in Pala Mesa on some Fridays. In fairness, the interchange environmental reports showed that the project would support the future build of two high occupancy carpool lanes each way combined with a direct HOV/HOT connector with the I-215 freeway. That would provide infrastructure for speedy bus transit for the area.
Regards,
Andy

www.aaroads.com

sdmichael

I've seen that backup on NB 15. While adding another offramp may help alleviate some of the backup, I really doubt the MILES of backup would go away that easily. That backup isn't because of one ramp.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.