News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

California state map PDF?

Started by briantroutman, May 18, 2015, 02:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

briantroutman

I've been trying to track down a PDF version of the current (or at least, the most recent) official state map, but with no luck. Caltrans directs you to the state tourism website (a dead link–on a page packed with dead links). Has our state given up on cartography?

admtrap

Nah.  It's just given up on roads.   :ded:

DTComposer

briantroutman

Thanks–I guess that's as close I'm going to get.

Quillz

Thanks for the link to that PDF. Interesting to see it includes many of the proposed unbuilt routes and some of the planned realignments (like CA-34 out in Camarillo).

mwb1848

I didn't think I could dislike any highway-related-thing as much as I dislike California's highway signs. Then I saw this.  :-/

kkt

Quote from: mwb1848 on June 01, 2015, 01:15:31 PM
I didn't think I could dislike any highway-related-thing as much as I dislike California's highway signs. Then I saw this.  :-/

Is there something specific you dislike about it?  Other than it being a decade old?

mwb1848

Quote from: kkt on June 01, 2015, 01:18:35 PM
Quote from: mwb1848 on June 01, 2015, 01:15:31 PM

Is there something specific you dislike about it?  Other than it being a decade old?
Compared to the state maps I'm used to in places like Texas, Alabama, and Mississippi, it has virtually no detail.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.