News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Deer AHTD: Arkansas state route log?

Started by bugo, April 13, 2014, 10:50:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

Is there a digitized copy of a list of state highways, and if not how difficult would it be to digitize it?

US71

Quote from: bugo on April 13, 2014, 10:50:03 AM
Is there a digitized copy of a list of state highways, and if not how difficult would it be to digitize it?
I've been working on one for 5+ years, but never seem to get very far with it.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

bugo

Do you know where all the 6xx routes are?

US71

Quote from: bugo on April 13, 2014, 11:59:28 AM
Do you know where all the 6xx routes are?

Nope. Do you? ;)

I think 600 is State Park Routes, but I think they're all 600 like all Airport Roads are 980.

bugo

How are you going to assemble a route log when you don't know the 600 routes.

The 800 routes are school drives, IIRC.

US71

Quote from: bugo on April 14, 2014, 12:11:56 AM
How are you going to assemble a route log when you don't know the 600 routes.

The 800 routes are school drives, IIRC.

Why do think it's taken me over 5 years? I keep adding stuff and deleting stuff. It's a work in progress.

AHTD

What type of a list do you want? We can pretty much export lists, including section information, county, etc.

Make a specific request and we'll be glad to see what we can do.
Travel and construction information available at www.idrivearkansas.com

bugo

I want a iist of all state highways including unsigned highways and 980/949 routes and where they run.  Termini of the highways would be nice, as would mileage per section.

hotdogPi

How about highways for deer, as indicated by this thread's title?

(If you don't get it, read the thread title again.)
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

Alps

Quote from: 1 on April 14, 2014, 06:24:32 PM

(Per forum rules, you're not supposed to derail threads by pointing out spelling errors.)

corco

Honestly, if there were a way to just let us have the state highway system shapefile, or less preferably just the .dbf associated with it (assuming each arc is separated into a new entry at each node), one of us could  probably very easily make a route log from it.

bugo

Quote from: Alps on April 14, 2014, 08:49:16 PM

(Per forum rules, you're not supposed to derail threads by pointing out spelling errors.)

That wasn't a spelling error, it was done on purpose.  If you didn't get the joke, it went over your head.

formulanone

Quote from: bugo on April 14, 2014, 09:52:17 PM
Quote from: Alps on April 14, 2014, 08:49:16 PM

That wasn't a spelling error, it was done on purpose.  If you didn't get the joke, it went over your head.

Eye sea watt ewe did they're.

(Actually, no I didn't.)

Scott5114

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

M86

Scott5114

Quote from: M86 on April 19, 2014, 12:01:07 AM
Quote from: Scott5114 on April 16, 2014, 01:36:28 PM
http://www.arkansashighways.com/planning_research/technical_services/databases/Arkansas_Roadlog_2009.zip

Should open with MS Access.

I've opened with OpenOffice Base.  OpenOffice is free for all!

I opened it with Kexi, personally, but I figured that was too obscure for most people to have around...

RBBrittain

http://www.arkansashighways.com/planning_research/technical_services/databases/Arkansas_Roadlog_2009.zip

Isn't there a newer one somewhere on the AHTD website?  Preferably one updated for the I-49 redesignations, though that may take a few weeks (or months if they're waiting on Texarkana).  For one, after clearing AASHTO hurdles to having both I-49 & U.S. 49 on opposite sides of Arkansas (as if that stopped both I-69 & U.S. 69 in Lufkin, TX, among others), I wonder how AHTD will keep the two separate in its records.  Of course, it won't say how to deal with the complaints from folks along state highways AHTD renumbered in the past due to conflicts with new interstate & U.S. highway numbers in Arkansas -- AR 130 was once AR 30 (there's still a stretch in Arkansas County that didn't become U.S. 165), AR 140 was once AR 40, AR 355 was once AR 55, AR 13 at McRae was once AR 371...

Scott5114

I dunno, I just had the link to that one handy. AHTD might be able to hook us up though.

AHTD

Travel and construction information available at www.idrivearkansas.com

yakra

"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

Scott5114

Quote from: yakra on December 17, 2016, 08:46:21 PM

That link is dead now. Scott, do you still have a local copy of the file that you could send?

I went looking and found a copy of it in the folder I have Firefox set to automatically download stuff too. Good thing I didn't actually empty it out like I intended to a couple of weeks ago. Man, that thing's a mess...

Check your email.

US71

Quote from: Scott5114 on December 21, 2016, 11:57:01 PM
Quote from: yakra on December 17, 2016, 08:46:21 PM

That link is dead now. Scott, do you still have a local copy of the file that you could send?

I went looking and found a copy of it in the folder I have Firefox set to automatically download stuff too. Good thing I didn't actually empty it out like I intended to a couple of weeks ago. Man, that thing's a mess...

Check your email.
I'd be interested in a copy, too, please.

yakra

Quote from: corco on April 14, 2014, 08:57:04 PM
Honestly, if there were a way to just let us have the state highway system shapefile, or less preferably just the .dbf associated with it (assuming each arc is separated into a new entry at each node), one of us could  probably very easily make a route log from it.
https://gis.arkansas.gov/product/arkansas-road-inventory/
https://gis.arkansas.gov/product-category/data/transportation1/
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.