News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Is 35E expanding to three lanes south of Dallas

Started by longhorn, July 18, 2017, 09:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longhorn

There is serious construction south of Dallas on I-35E. One can tell they are rebuilding the road base. Further south in the rurals around Italy they are adding concrete next to the shoulders to the rebuilt section done in concrete some 5 years ago. No construction on the paved section just north of the split.

Bobby5280

It just looks like shoulder work to me. If they were adding an additional travel lane I would expect to see a lot more grading work taking place.

Plutonic Panda

wxfree

Widening to six lanes is taking place south to the Hill County Line.

http://apps.dot.state.tx.us/apps-cq/project_tracker/

You can view the information in the Dallas district.  In the Waco district you can see that widening in Hill County to the split is scheduled to start in about two years.
I'd like to buy a vowel, Alex.  What is E?

longhorn

Quote from: Plutonic Panda on July 20, 2017, 08:51:06 PM
Does 35E need an additional travel lane?

Depending on the day of week, weekend or holiday, most emphatically  yes.

longhorn

Quote from: wxfree on July 21, 2017, 02:32:53 AM
Widening to six lanes is taking place south to the Hill County Line.

http://apps.dot.state.tx.us/apps-cq/project_tracker/

You can view the information in the Dallas district.  In the Waco district you can see that widening in Hill County to the split is scheduled to start in about two years.

Thank you, the concrete rebuild of 35E four or five years ago was built with expansion in mind. I guess the present shoulders are wider than normal because the concrete extensions are not that wide.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.