News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

DDI-roundabout hybrid?

Started by tradephoric, May 11, 2015, 12:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tradephoric

Proposed DDI-roundabout hybrid interchange at I-49 and 155th Street in Missouri.  They dun lost their damn mind!

Current interchange:
https://www.google.com/maps/@38.84372,-94.52864,702m/data=!3m1!1e3

jeffandnicole

Not only do I see nothing wrong with it, I kinda like it.  If you're in the roundabout, the only thing you're concerned about is where to exit, which would be signed. Otherwise, it's pretty straight forward. 

Tradephoric: Since you have a huge beef about DDIs having 2 traffic signals, this type design eliminates one of them and keeps traffic moving.  You of all people should actually like the design!

NE2

This already has a thread.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

vtk

Quote from: tradephoric on May 11, 2015, 12:33:43 PM
Proposed DDI-roundabout hybrid interchange at I-49 and 155th Street in Missouri.  They dun lost their damn mind!

Current interchange:
https://www.google.com/maps/@38.84372,-94.52864,702m/data=!3m1!1e3

I designed something very much like that but with more lanes in one of the Redesigning threads a few months ago.
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

lordsutch

Looks fine to me. At motorist level, I don't see what would be confusing - just follow the signs.

But, then again, maybe it will destroy the wonderful signal progression on 155th Street.

tradephoric

Quote from: lordsutch on May 11, 2015, 02:37:41 PM
Looks fine to me. At motorist level, I don't see what would be confusing - just follow the signs.

But, then again, maybe it will destroy the wonderful signal progression on 155th Street.

BWHAHA.  Nobody will care about that.  No worries mate. 

jakeroot

Quote from: vtk on May 11, 2015, 01:25:00 PM
Quote from: tradephoric on May 11, 2015, 12:33:43 PM

I designed something very much like that but with more lanes in one of the Redesigning threads a few months ago.

I remember that very clearly. Here's my drawing:

tradephoric

Quote from: lordsutch on May 11, 2015, 02:37:41 PM

I represent the vast majority of motorists who don't like getting stopped at red lights.  Apparently, based on your snarky remark, you don't care if people get stopped and experience delays at red lights.   You are making a bad situation worse if you promote interchange designs that kill signal progression.

6a

Yes, we get it, you hate DDIs. Thanks for starting another thread to continue your preaching.

tradephoric

Quote from: 6a on May 11, 2015, 05:43:40 PM
Yes, we get it, you hate DDIs. Thanks for starting another thread to continue your preaching.
I was responding to someone's snarky remarks.  I wasn't the one who brought up signal progression in this thread.

6a

Your reputation precedes you (also you answered the same guy twice.)

What the hell else could you possibly mean by your original post? Does the new interchange have a negative impact on the Canada goose? Does it interfere with the long pig harvest? Others have already said they've designed something similar.  You hate DDIs, we all know that. Congrats for getting your name out there.

tradephoric

Quote from: 6a on May 11, 2015, 10:13:05 PM

What the hell else could you possibly mean by your original post? Does the new interchange have a negative impact on the Canada goose? Does it interfere with the long pig harvest? Others have already said they've designed something similar.  You hate DDIs, we all know that. Congrats for getting your name out there.

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.  That's all i hear coming out of your mouth.

tradephoric

I'll answer you twice too, just for the hell of it.  I'll be overzealous with traffic signal progression to make up for the disinterest that many people seem to have on the subject (again though, i wasn't the one to initially bring it up in this thread).  I don't hate DDI's I just believe they are being overbuilt.  In a previous thread, I posted an example of a DDI that i believe works quite well...

Quote from: tradephoric on April 14, 2015, 02:07:04 PM
I'm not totally opposed to DDIs.  Here is a scenario where a DDI works well...

https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.156138,-76.74507&spn=0.003428,0.003406&t=h&z=18

Brandon

I can't help but think that this could be even better is a similar roundabout were used on the left side of the bridge as well instead of the signal.  The DDI would a completely free-flow interchange.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

NE2

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

tradephoric

Quote from: NE2 on May 11, 2015, 11:10:40 PM
PARCLO B4

How are you liking all those red lights in Orlando?

NE2

Quote from: tradephoric on May 11, 2015, 11:17:28 PM
Quote from: NE2 on May 11, 2015, 11:10:40 PM
PARCLO B4

How are you liking all those red lights in Orlando?

I usually don't mind them. Gives me a chance to stop pedaling and have a bit of water.

tradephoric

This design could be effective at cutting the number of roundabouts down when you are dealing with frontage roads.  Two roundabouts are better than four.

https://www.google.com/maps/@44.0106637,-88.5820939,324m/data=!3m1!1e3

dfwmapper

Why not just make one larger roundabout on each side and connect everything to it?

jakeroot

How about one humongous roundabout?

dfwmapper

Because it's Missouri and the whole point is to not have to build any new bridge capacity.

tradephoric

Are you going to retract your claim that i hate DDIs?  In a previous thread i posted an example of a DDI that i think works well.  I'm going to get defensive if you make an unsubstantiated claim.  If you want to focus on the subject, then we can have a civil conversation.  If you want to throw mud, I'm going to throw mud back until you're covered in it.

NE2

tradephoric

6a

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.