News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Formula 1 2015

Started by JasonNorin, July 01, 2015, 11:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonNorin

Looks like this year's F1 is being dominated by Mercedes. Almost all tracks are becoming Hamilton and Rosberg's personal playgrounds. Who is most likely win the F1 drivers' championship? For me it will most likely be Hamilton.
Sports news writer at http://www.dafabetsports.com/en/

slorydn1

I would have to agree, even though I bleed Ferrari red and it pains me to say so.

Rosberg just lacks that killer instinct and allows Hamilton to get into his head way to easily. Vettel is doing all he can do to keep Ferarri in the game, but Raikkonen is just too inconsistent in his old age to really be much help these days.
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

formulanone

I can see Hamilton winning another title - Rosberg is a bit inconsistent in comparison. They're kind of evenly matched, which at least makes it somewhat interesting (kind of how the 1988 season was "interesting").

There's little the teams can do except hope Mercedes AMG just makes a dog of a car next year, or some team develops something new. The thought that Red Bull might get Ferrari engines might sink both teams, in terms of additional preparation, which is probably exactly what the Silver Arrows would like to see.

english si

Thankfully this weekend's mayhem is at the other end of the county - Silverstone's traffic management is massive diversions of trunk traffic on unsuitable roads.

Takumi

Quote from: slorydn1 on July 02, 2015, 12:48:23 AM
I would have to agree, even though I bleed Ferrari red and it pains me to say so.

Rosberg just lacks that killer instinct and allows Hamilton to get into his head way to easily. Vettel is doing all he can do to keep Ferarri in the game, but Raikkonen is just too inconsistent in his old age to really be much help these days.

Could be worse. I'm a McLaren fan. At least your guys are even remotely competitive.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

1995hoo

Jules Bianchi has died from his injuries suffered in Japan last year, per an announcement from his family this morning.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

formulanone

Quote from: 1995hoo on July 18, 2015, 11:28:13 AM
Jules Bianchi has died from his injuries suffered in Japan last year, per an announcement from his family this morning.

Sad that Jules' fatal accident occurred because of a screw-up which meant a tractor was dangerously close to the track at near-racing speeds.

Either the safety car is deployed when anything other than a racing car is on the track, or the race stops with a red flag. This is one of those terrible accidents that absolutely could have avoided; while he was traveling at a high rate of speed through the yellow flags, the rules do not state that any decrease in speed is to be expected (merely that passing is not allowed between the two flag points).

I'd stayed off the internet for a few days, and come back to hear about this last night.

Takumi

Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

1995hoo

No F1 2016 thread, so I'll revive this one. Just got a push alert on my phone: Nico Rosberg announced he's retiring. Wow.

formulanone

Quote from: 1995hoo on December 02, 2016, 08:48:27 AM
No F1 2016 thread, so I'll revive this one. Just got a push alert on my phone: Nico Rosberg announced he's retiring. Wow.

Yeah, that was a surprise! Just five days after winning his first World Championship, he announces his retirement. There is precedent for it: Hawthorn (1958), Stewart (1973), and Prost (1993)...but this is probably the first time that a driver did so with a signed contract in hand (for at least another year) at the same top-flight team.

It also created a major shake-up in the off-season; just when we'd expected one of the least number of major changes to the grid for the following season, Nico shocks the paddock.

1995hoo

I've seen some speculation that his being a new father may have played a part in the decision, and I certainly understand that. Not just because of the constant travel around the word far from home, though surely that's part of it. I don't doubt that the risk of injury or death factors in as well. When Rosberg was a kid, his father Keke was driving F1 cars that are far more dangerous than the ones they have now, so I'm sure he recalls what it was like as a kid whose father was away racing and putting his life at risk.

Some buzz among the Brits that Wehrlein might be up for the seat. Seems like QUITE a leap from Manor to the factory team, but who knows..... Too bad Hulkenberg already went to Sauber. I agree with David Hobbs that he's a guy who has too much potential to be wasting it at a backmarker team.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.