AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NYC Roads  (Read 65181 times)

Alps

• Everybody Obeys the Octagon

• If I'm not trolling you, you're not cool enough.

• Last Login: Today at 12:41:03 AM
    • Alps' Roads
Re: NYC Roads
« Reply #425 on: January 13, 2018, 11:55:31 AM »

Hey I drive to Weehawken about 3 Times a week when going back into Manhattan how come the ezpass lane does not show if it read my pass or not but at the new Rochelle toll it does show
That screen very often doesn't show. Especially at the Lincoln Tunnel I've noticed. Not sure if it's a maintenance issue or an equipment issue.
~ Steve
http://www.alpsroads.net
I've listened many times, and I still can't figure out what the fox says.

"YOUR NAME IS NAMED AFTER A BUTT"

MikeCL

• Last Login: January 14, 2018, 02:34:15 PM
« Reply #426 on: January 13, 2018, 02:54:46 PM »

Hey I drive to Weehawken about 3 Times a week when going back into Manhattan how come the ezpass lane does not show if it read my pass or not but at the new Rochelle toll it does show
That screen very often doesn't show. Especially at the Lincoln Tunnel I've noticed. Not sure if it's a maintenance issue or an equipment issue.
Ok it freaked me out until I got to the other toll and saw it picked it up. I need to fully switch over to my mta ezpass. Iím trying to figure out how i can avoid that toll on the parkway on 9A I forgot how I did it the first time.. I donít want to take the GW bridge because it sets me way back unless I can take the GW and somehow get to 9A bypassing that toll since Iím getting hit with $6 because itís not a NY pass

Alps

• Alps' Roads
« Reply #427 on: January 13, 2018, 03:59:01 PM »

Ok it freaked me out until I got to the other toll and saw it picked it up. I need to fully switch over to my mta ezpass. Iím trying to figure out how i can avoid that toll on the parkway on 9A I forgot how I did it the first time.. I donít want to take the GW bridge because it sets me way back unless I can take the GW and somehow get to 9A bypassing that toll since Iím getting hit with $6 because itís not a NY pass
If you're on 9A take the Mosholu to 87 and cross over one of the Harlem River free bridges.
~ Steve

MikeCL

• Last Login: January 14, 2018, 02:34:15 PM
« Reply #428 on: January 13, 2018, 05:31:21 PM »

If you're on 9A take the Mosholu to 87 and cross over one of the Harlem River free bridges.
Ah man but if I have it right I would still have to head way north in Jersey? Itís so easy getting out of the tunnel and Weehawken would be the first exit.

Alps

• Alps' Roads
« Reply #429 on: January 14, 2018, 02:35:34 AM »

Ah man but if I have it right I would still have to head way north in Jersey? Itís so easy getting out of the tunnel and Weehawken would be the first exit.
Didn't know that's where you were going. Yeah, the downside of the free route is that you must cross Manhattan on surface streets, so it does eat up a bunch of your time. (You could in theory take 87 to 95 to 9A, but that only helps you when the Highbridge interchange isn't backed up, which is typically something like 5:15-5:23 AM on the third Sunday of months with R in them.
~ Steve

cl94

• Trust me, I'm a transportation engineer

• Last Login: Today at 12:56:33 AM
« Reply #430 on: January 14, 2018, 05:31:01 PM »

Didn't know that's where you were going. Yeah, the downside of the free route is that you must cross Manhattan on surface streets, so it does eat up a bunch of your time. (You could in theory take 87 to 95 to 9A, but that only helps you when the Highbridge interchange isn't backed up, which is typically something like 5:15-5:23 AM on the third Sunday of months with R in them.

I've gone through Highbridge at 3 AM on a Wednesday and it was clear. But yes, it's only clear in the middle of the night, and then you have to hope they're not doing construction.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.