News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Your current car!

Started by Max Rockatansky, July 03, 2016, 03:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHLBOS

Current 2 vehicles:

2007 Ford Mustang (Pony Package) convertible:
Redfire Metallic w/black roof.  This one has appeared at 2 or 3 road meets.  Owned since August 2007.

2011 Ford Crown Victoria LX:
Black.  Purchased this past March.  Such replaced my dark green '97 Crown Vic. (which also made a few road meet appearances) that was totaled this past February; those on FB saw the aftermath photos.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

noelbotevera

I am such a disgrace on this forum with the pessimistic opinion that everyone has at least two cars or cars reserved to themselves. "My" current car is shared with my older brother, sister, and father being able to drive it (and yes, I do have a mother). It's a 2013 Toyota Corolla purchased March of 2015. It had 33K miles when we bought it, and currently is at 64K miles. We use it for everything - trips, commutes, driving for pleasure, etc. Not sure what the MPG is. Also, this thing is really good at not wasting gas - it went from here to Richmond in a full tank, and went four days into the vacation before needing to refuel. Kicker is that there's something up with it. I'm not sure what, but it's negligible (for now).

ZLoth

I have a 2013 Buick Verano that I purchased on April 1st, 2014 with only 15,000 miles on it. It is fully paid for, and I made sure it had air conditioning and Bluetooth integration (remember, Android Audio/Apple Carplay had not been "released" until March 2015 and 2014 respectively).
I'm an Engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like "What is beauty?", because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems and call them "paychecks".

cpzilliacus

2001 Ford F-250 pickup, 7.3L TurboDiesel V-8, 6-speed stick, 4x4, with (so far) 406,000 original miles on the meter.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

jakeroot

2015 Golf TDI S: 2.0L 4-cylinder BlueMotion with the 6-speed manual. Apparently, it produces 148 hp, and 236 lb-ft of torque. Right now, I average around 50-55 mpg on the freeway, and 38 in the city, but I suspect these numbers will change when my car is modified by VW following this whole dieselgate scandal.

My only planned changes are to eventually tint the windows a little, and swap the headlights and tailights out to match the European models (technically, the taillights from Europe are legal in the US, but the headlights are not, because they're missing the amber reflector; I see many, many vehicles without this orange reflector, so I'm not particularly worried about being ticketed).

P.S. this photo was taken outside the Hooters in Tacoma, WA. If you're ever in the area, and it's Football Sunday, you'll find me there.

dvferyance

I have a 2011 Ford Fusion bought September 13, 2015 a couple of months after my 2005 Ford Taurus hit the dust.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: jakeroot on July 05, 2016, 04:10:20 PM
2015 Golf TDI S: 2.0L 4-cylinder BlueMotion with the 6-speed manual. Apparently, it produces 148 hp, and 236 lb-ft of torque. Right now, I average around 50-55 mpg on the freeway, and 38 in the city, but I suspect these numbers will change when my car is modified by VW following this whole dieselgate scandal.

My only planned changes are to eventually tint the windows a little, and swap the headlights and tailights out to match the European models (technically, the taillights from Europe are legal in the US, but the headlights are not, because they're missing the amber reflector; I see many, many vehicles without this orange reflector, so I'm not particularly worried about being ticketed).

P.S. this photo was taken outside the Hooters in Tacoma, WA. If you're ever in the area, and it's Football Sunday, you'll find me there.

Just out of curiosity, are you required to get the updates or will VW pull the warranty if you don't?  I would image that a lot of DOTs might get pushy with emissions regulations for owners who tried to refuse a fix.

HTM Duke

I currently have a 2007 Ford Focus, black, ~155,000 miles (~95,000 when purchased about 3½ years ago).
List of routes: Traveled | Clinched

jakeroot

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on July 05, 2016, 11:27:54 PM
Just out of curiosity, are you required to get the updates or will VW pull the warranty if you don't?  I would image that a lot of DOTs might get pushy with emissions regulations for owners who tried to refuse a fix.

Some of the legal proceedings I read seemed to indicate that the fix is not required, but some states (like those who use CARB standards, such as Washington) will place a block on registrations, such that the car will not be allowed to be re-registered until there is proof that the fix has been performed.

I thought about not getting the fix, based on the assumption that unfixed VW's will, in time, prove to be worth more. But I don't think I'll be able to do so.

Otto Yamamoto

Depends. Usually a R142 or R143 car.

XT1585

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: jakeroot on July 06, 2016, 12:15:40 AM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on July 05, 2016, 11:27:54 PM

Some of the legal proceedings I read seemed to indicate that the fix is not required, but some states (like those who use CARB standards, such as Washington) will place a block on registrations, such that the car will not be allowed to be re-registered until there is proof that the fix has been performed.

I thought about not getting the fix, based on the assumption that unfixed VW's will, in time, prove to be worth more. But I don't think I'll be able to do so.

Yeah on the east coast a lot of the states still don't have very strict emissions rules.  A buddy of mine picked up one of the diesels on the cheap out in Florida when that scandal hit.  He's not moving anywhere and he basically ended up with a brand new car that's hyper fuel efficient.

andrewkbrown

My current car, a 1999 Toyota Camry. I got it in 2007 with around 153,000 miles on it. It now has 299,200 miles on it. I plan to hit 300,000 miles, take a photo for prosperity, then seriously begin looking for another car. I imagine I'll get to 300,000 very soon, I have another trip from Alexandria, VA back home to Ohio planned for early August. Each round-trip adds about 800-900 miles.
Firefighter/Paramedic
Washington DC Fire & EMS

7/8

My current car is a 2010 Dodge Caliber, though my family and I have nicknamed it the "Calibre" (ka-LEE-bray).

I technically don't own it (my parents do), but I drive it everyday to work, so it's pretty much my car  :)

Right now it's at exactly 65 000 km :sombrero:

corco

Here are my motorcars - a 2015 VW Golf and a 2002 Jeep Liberty. I use the Golf mostly these days - saving the Liberty for when I need four doors, go off pavement, am dealing with deep snow, or am towing something. I'll also drive the Liberty to work once a week or so just to get it up to speed. I don't really need it, but it's perfectly reliable and very cheap to keep - so the $3,000 or so I'd get for it on the open market isn't worth its value as a car, especially since it's pretty much done depreciating.

I love the Golf. It has a stick, which makes it super fun to drive. The Golf has about 15,000 miles on it and the Liberty has about 120,000. The Liberty was my uncle's car - he barely drove so I got it in 2007 after he passed away and it only had 16,000 miles on it, and it's been relegated to second car duty for about three years now, which is why the miles are so low.

The Liberty's claim to fame is getting stolen and rallied through the Arizona desert in March 2011 when I lived in Tucson. They found it south of Sierra Vista and it took two tow trucks to get it out of where it was. It cost about $3000 to get it back up to speed, and the body is still not in great shape - it looks good from eight feet away but has dozens of small scratches all over the body from being driven through cacti when it was stolen.

route56

53567 by Richie Kennedy, on Flickr

I just started making payments on this 2013 Sentra. When I bought it, it was 3 years old with 9250 miles. I've nearly doubled that in three *months* :)
Peace to you, and... don't drive like my brother.

R.P.K.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: route56 on July 08, 2016, 08:11:52 PM
53567 by Richie Kennedy, on Flickr

I just started making payments on this 2013 Sentra. When I bought it, it was 3 years old with 9250 miles. I've nearly doubled that in three *months* :)

I'm surprised Route 56 was available for the vanity plate.

route56

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on July 08, 2016, 10:22:25 PM

I wasn't

iPhone
Peace to you, and... don't drive like my brother.

R.P.K.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: route56 on July 08, 2016, 10:33:51 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on July 08, 2016, 10:22:25 PM

I wasn't

iPhone

Maybe that's because I was trying some like US 66 or 1?...and anything that would add up to a combination of them? 

paulthemapguy

I want to play a game.  (Hidden Pictures)
Bill Burmaster had a page on his site that's kind of a game like this.
If you feel like going through some road sign pictures, I'll tell you that my car appears 2 1/2 times in my Indiana Originals album, and it appears 4 1/2 times in my Ohio Originals album.  Figure out which car I drive!  For almost every photo, I pull my car over to the side of the road to get the shot, and it ends up being in the shot sometimes.  There's a couple photos in the Ohio folder that make it really obvious...

Indiana folder:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/138603251@N02/albums/72157669156486922
Ohio folder:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/138603251@N02/albums/72157664680142309/

Find my car and tell me the route numbers the picture is for.
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: paulthemapguy on July 08, 2016, 11:44:28 PM
I want to play a game.  (Hidden Pictures)
Bill Burmaster had a page on his site that's kind of a game like this.
If you feel like going through some road sign pictures, I'll tell you that my car appears 2 1/2 times in my Indiana Originals album, and it appears 4 1/2 times in my Ohio Originals album.  Figure out which car I drive!  For almost every photo, I pull my car over to the side of the road to get the shot, and it ends up being in the shot sometimes.  There's a couple photos in the Ohio folder that make it really obvious...

Indiana folder:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/138603251@N02/albums/72157669156486922
Ohio folder:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/138603251@N02/albums/72157664680142309/

Find my car and tell me the route numbers the picture is for.

Should have headed off that statement with this:

freebrickproductions

My current car is a 2004 Toyota Sienna LE.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

AlexandriaVA

2009 Hyundai Elantra...bought it in 2011 with about 10K on it, now at about 55K.

Zeffy

Got a picture of my Civic. Not that anyone doesn't know what one looks like.  :-D

Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

Rothman

Just bought a 2013 Hyundai Elantra Limited.  Hey, it was cheap.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

paulthemapguy

Quote from: Rothman on July 20, 2016, 02:58:05 PM
Just bought a 2013 Hyundai Elantra Limited.  Hey, it was cheap.

This is also my car.  lololololol  Very reliable, though, I'd recommend it to anyone...though they did have to switch out a faulty engine at 62,000 miles.  But it was covered under the phenomenal 100,000 powertrain warranty so meh lol
How many miles are on it?
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.