News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

US 41 shutdown in Lake Forest today

Started by dzlsabe, May 18, 2017, 01:31:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dzlsabe

Around noon, the 70?yo RR bridge/s at the infamous S curve between IL 60 and Westleigh Rd apparently "leaked" some concrete, causing quite a bit of mayhem. LFPD was not "on it". Surprised it took so long and bet it will happen even more frequently.
ILs mantra..the beatings will continue until the morale improves but Expect Delays is good too. Seems some are happy that Chicago/land remains miserable. Status quo is often asinine...Always feel free to use a dictionary as I tend to offend younger or more sensitive viewers. Thanx Pythagoras. :rofl:

Brandon

OK, and there's an alternate.  It's called the Tri-State.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

dzlsabe

Quote from: Brandon on May 18, 2017, 01:56:54 PM
OK, and there's an alternate.  It's called the Tri-State.

NO, Mr Predictable its not. Way to put some thought into it. Waukegan Rd IL-43 (or 137, 176 or 22) is not. Deerpath and Green Bay Rds are not. Nor is Ridge or Westleigh Rd.
Sometimes you just need to stfu when you dont KNOW what youre talking about.

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.2377247,-87.8590606,1429m/data=!3m1!1e3

Its a critical 70/80? yo RR bridge for which there is no substitute. Hopefully, it will be back up to snuff soon. Certainly qualifies as an "auxiliary interstate".
ILs mantra..the beatings will continue until the morale improves but Expect Delays is good too. Seems some are happy that Chicago/land remains miserable. Status quo is often asinine...Always feel free to use a dictionary as I tend to offend younger or more sensitive viewers. Thanx Pythagoras. :rofl:

GeekJedi

Quote from: dzlsabe

Sometimes you just need to STFU

You should follow your own advice.
"Wisconsin - The Concurrency State!"

LM117

Quote from: dzlsabe on May 18, 2017, 10:49:03 PMSometimes you just need to stfu when you dont KNOW what youre talking about.

“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

US71

Quote from: GeekJedi on May 19, 2017, 07:41:06 AM
Quote from: dzlsabe

Sometimes you just need to STFU

You should follow your own advice.
Don't poke the bear
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.