News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

US routes: your favorite, the one you've been on most, and one you've never been

Started by texaskdog, November 23, 2017, 10:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

texaskdog

Favorite: US 191 (Yellowstone, Moab, Coronado Trail)
Been on the most:  When I lived in Minnesota I was right by I-694/US 10 so probably 10, if you don't count interstate duplexes, currently would be US-183 that I take to work every day.  Growing up was US-52 in Minnesota, now decommissioned.
One I most want to go on that I've never been on: Amazing looking at it how many I've been on but I'd really like to see US-96 through the piney woods in east Texas. 

Takumi

Favorite: US 301.
Most used: Either 1 or 301.
Want to drive on: 701.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

hbelkins

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Jadhostgamer072

Favorite: 1, and 64
Most Used: 74, 1, 64, and 70
Want to go on: 19, 40, and 9

wanderer2575

US 89

Favorites: 40, 64, 89, 191 (can't pick one!)
Most used: 89
Never been on: 14
Want to drive on: 83, 82, 11 (since then I will have been on all of the 30 longest routes)
Want to drive end to end: 89, 191, 64, 40

kurumi

My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

sparker

Favorite: US 101, Oregon coast
Most used: Also US 101, local Gilroy-Santa Rosa
Never been on: 319, 221, 8, 283 (probably more than that, but that's what I can recollect presently).

TheHighwayMan3561

self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

CNGL-Leudimin

Favorite: 121, the "Alanland highway" because it exists and doesn't exist.
Most used: null.
Never been on: All of them.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

1995hoo

Favorite: 163. Only been on it during a single trip in 2015, but the scenery is what pushes it to the top. Honorable mention to 48.

Most used: Feels like 29, but I guess if I were to factor in local driving, 1 or 50 would probably top the list. I prefer to think of these sorts of polls in terms of not counting local errands or commuting or the like, so I'll go with 29.

Been on other parts but want to get this portion: The Overseas Highway part of 1.

Never been on at all but would like to travel: 101, 129 (Tail of the Dragon)
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

roadman

Favorite:  US 13 (Eastern Shore)
Most Used:  US 1 Boston MA to Danvers MA
Would like to travel on:  US 1 Miami to Key West (Overseas Highway)
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

Jmiles32

Favorite: US-50
Most Used: US-29(Literally can't leave my neighborhood without at least crossing it) and US-15
Never been on but would like to travel: US-101 and US-191(Love scenic routes)
Aspiring Transportation Planner at Virginia Tech. Go Hokies!

Mapmikey

Favorites: 11, 163
Most Used: 1, 17
Never been on but would like to travel: 8

ekt8750

Favorites: 13, 50, 113 They all get me to my favorite vacation spots, Ocean City, MD and VA Beach
Been on the most: 13 I live right off of it
Never been: 101 It's on my bucket list to clinch

SD Mapman

Favorite/Most Used
US 14

Never been on
US 5 (or most east of the Mississippi)
The traveler sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. - G.K. Chesterton

SectorZ

My favorite: US 3, as prior stated in a similar thread, the northern 150 or so miles of it

Most traveled: Also US 3 (US 1 would fall second)

Never been on: Many, but the closest I've never been on is US 206 (with exception to some US XA routes)

RobbieL2415

plain

Newark born, Richmond bred

corco

Favorite: There's something about US 89.

Most Used: Probably US 95, though I have lived near US 30 in three different states and US 287 in two different states - so it's probably a tie between those three. The longest US route I've clinched end-to-end is US 26, with US 93 right there behind it.

Never Used: I like the idea of "closest that you've never used," which for me is 550. Incidentally, I also would very much like to drive it.

Max Rockatansky

Favorite:  Certainly it would be US 66 out all routes that existed.  Out of the current routes it probably has to be used US 191 given the glut of National Parks like Yellowstone, Grand Teton, Arches, Canyonlands, and even the Petrified Forest within vicinity.  The Coronado Trail is definitely the my favorite segment of US Route throughout the entire country IMO....shame ADOT doesn't want it anymore.

Most Used:  Probably US 27 given that I drove it frequently in both Michigan and Florida.  Some of the other really common routes I've taken over the years are; 101, 60, 70, 93, 95, 1, 180, 89, 41, and 17.

Want to Drive:  I've been on pretty much all the notable US Routes, I'd like to try out US 195.  It seems like a weird little route that survives off of barely being a interstate highway.

DandyDan

Favorite: US 61. It's hard to pick just one, but that was the one that goes through my first hometown.
Most used: US 75, during all the years I lived in Omaha.
Would like to drive: US 2, with US 8 a close second.
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

index

My favorite US highway has got to be US 1. The route is very diverse. Anything from two lane route in a small town to large freeway, and even tropical climate to a rather cool year-round climate like Maine. If you want to see what the East Coast has, US 1 would be the to-go route, just like how US 101 is for the West Coast. It's on my bucket list to clinch both of them.

The one I've been on the most would be US 74. It's the main highway through my county.

The US routes I've never been on (there are obviously quite a few of these) is kind of vague, so I'll go ahead and answer the one that's farthest from me that meets this criteria. This would be US 101.
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

epzik8

From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

Flint1979

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.