News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

US 95 Coeur d'alene bypass

Started by dmuzika, January 01, 2018, 06:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmuzika

I was just wondering if there are any plans for a bypass for US 95 through Coeur d'alene? There have been some improvements north of Coeur d'alene, but it seems like the section connecting it to I-90 could use some attention. Cheers!

Bickendan

Outside of rerouting it to a new Spokane River crossing, I don't see where improvements can be made on the southside of I-90. I can't imagine this is even on Idaho's radar, honestly.

Hurricane Rex

How much would it cost due to the urban and geographical constraints? Full freeway, twinned or just a 2 laner?
ODOT, raise the speed limit and fix our traffic problems.

Road and weather geek for life.

Running till I die.

sparker

It seems like a "half-bypass", essentially connecting the US 95 freeway segment north of town to I-90, would suffice for dealing with local traffic flow.  Not having the AADT data for south vs. north at my fingertips, just personal experience from several trips through the area, I'd venture an educated guess that traffic levels on northward US 95 dwarf that of the southward direction.  And I'd certainly extrapolate that the commercial traffic data would indicate an even more one-sided situation.  In fact, I'll go out on a limb and venture that US 95 north of I-90 is the major artery for U.S. West Coast traffic to and from the Canadian Rockies; as such, a Coeur d'Alene "bypass" should address that phenomenon before considering anything toward the south.   

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.