News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Anyone else watch freewayjim?

Started by Roadgeekteen, January 02, 2018, 05:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AsphaltPlanet

I was formerly a member of the freewayjim facebook group as well (back when i had a facebook account), and I agree that there is a definite lack of political commentary on the group.  It was actually something that I really liked about the group -- and I respected Jim for fostering that type of community.  I am going to echo JN's sentiments above my post though, I found that facebook group always seemed overrun with well intentioned noobs.  I grew tired of feeling that I had to 'react' on facebook to every picture that some members found on the internet -- it was ultimately the deciding factor for my decision to leave the group.

One thing that does need to be said about Freewayjim is that he knows how to drive.  I'm always impressed by the maneuvers he makes in traffic.  It's something I like to call "freeway space management".  He's got it figured out.
AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

Otto Yamamoto

I use the projector mod for my Moto Z2 to project his videos on a wall. The cats love it.

P00I

Avalanchez71

Remember to watch the ads all the way through the videos so he can get the ad revenue.

I had forgotten about his work.  Went back and subscribed to his page.

index

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on January 02, 2018, 11:52:25 PM
My experiences with the man himself indicate he's kind of a douche, so that turned me off from him.

If it is okay with you, could you elaborate on this?
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

AsphaltPlanet

Quote from: Avalanchez71 on January 04, 2018, 01:42:22 PM
Remember to watch the ads all the way through the videos so he can get the ad revenue.

He doesn't get any ad revenue.  If you use licenced music, you forgo the privilege of collecting revenue from youtube.
AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

adventurernumber1

Quote from: AsphaltPlanet on January 04, 2018, 02:00:50 PM

He doesn't get any ad revenue.  If you use licenced music, you forgo the privilege of collecting revenue from youtube.

That is exactly right. For example, Steve of BigRigTravels has live road video broadcasts, but he cannot possibly play any music in his truck (he is a trucker), because IIRC, he collects revenue from his videos. So there is never music playing in his videos, just the sound of the good ole highway and vehicle.  :biggrin:
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: adventurernumber1 on January 04, 2018, 02:04:47 PM

That is exactly right. For example, Steve of BigRigTravels has live road video broadcasts, but he cannot possibly play any music in his truck (he is a trucker), because IIRC, he collects revenue from his videos. So there is never music playing in his videos, just the sound of the good ole highway and vehicle.  :biggrin:
Is he one who does videos live? I don't like those types of road videos because I have a short attention span.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

US71

He has had a few songs flagged for "illegal use" or something. I don't remember the exact details.

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

kphoger

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on January 03, 2018, 03:05:53 PM
I don't really care about youtubers political beliefs.

+1

And I don't boycott stores because of where their owners donate their profits to, either.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

adventurernumber1

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on January 04, 2018, 03:53:26 PM
Quote from: adventurernumber1 on January 04, 2018, 02:04:47 PM

Is he one who does videos live? I don't like those types of road videos because I have a short attention span.

He is. Steve of BigRigTravels does live road videos all the time, most of the time probably, because he usually does live Highway streams whenever he is on the road, except for too close to the locations for his pickup and delivery facilities (regarding trucking) for privacy reasons.
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

hbelkins

Quote from: index on January 04, 2018, 01:49:41 PM
Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on January 02, 2018, 11:52:25 PM
My experiences with the man himself indicate he's kind of a douche, so that turned me off from him.

If it is okay with you, could you elaborate on this?

My one personal meeting with him was pleasant enough. No douchery noted.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

SSOWorld

In all fairness this is a good topic to ask.  I enjoy the work he does and will continue to watch it. 

However, it got derailed through political and personal attacks.  Locking due to that. Sorry.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.