News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

AARoads New Website Format

Started by theroadwayone, January 16, 2018, 11:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theroadwayone

Who here has already seen the new website layout for AARoads.com, and what are your thoughts on it? (It's going to come to the forums here soon enough, ready or not.)

Scott5114

Quote from: theroadwayone on January 16, 2018, 11:49:18 PM
(It's going to come to the forums here soon enough, ready or not.)

Not likely. The new website layout was done while the site was converted to run on Wordpress. As far as I know, nobody's been asked to put forth the effort make the forums match the Wordpress theme.  Enough people seem to like the current forum theme that we intend to keep it, so as long as that continues to be the case.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Henry

Just seeing it for the first time ever; not sure what to make of it, but I think it's better organized than the old one. I'll be sure to check it out again when all the pages have been redone.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

triplemultiplex

AARoads has something other than this forum?
:-D
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Hurricane Rex

ODOT, raise the speed limit and fix our traffic problems.

Road and weather geek for life.

Running till I die.

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

US71

Funny. It showed on my page. I even checked before I posted.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

hotdogPi

I can see the photo in Reply #4, but I'm not sure if that's what you're referring to.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13,44,50
MA 22,40,107,109,117,119,126,141,159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; UK A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; FR95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New: MA 14, 123

kphoger

Yeah, I can see it just fine.  That's why I had no clue what Hurricane Rex meant by his question.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

adventurernumber1

Same. I can see it clearly in Reply # 4 as well. I was also extremely confused, as a result. Maybe it was something with just your computer, Hurricane Rex.

Also, for what it's worth, I absolutely love the new update on the AARoads site, and as for the current layout of his forum, I do absolutely love it, and don't see a particular need to change anything at the moment.
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.