News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Favorite genre of music?

Started by Roadgeekteen, February 17, 2018, 08:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

?

pop
3 (13.6%)
rap/hip hop
1 (4.5%)
classical
3 (13.6%)
country
1 (4.5%)
jazz
0 (0%)
rock
12 (54.5%)
alternative pop
0 (0%)
soul
0 (0%)
R&B
0 (0%)
dance
0 (0%)
techno
1 (4.5%)
punk rock
1 (4.5%)
I hate music
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 22

roadman

You forgot folk and bluegrass, which are NOT the same as country.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

Pink Jazz

formulanone

Is anyone truly going to say "I hate music"?

That's a bit like saying "I dislike food".

DTComposer

My satellite radio presets give a pretty good overview of my favorite genres:

1) '40s Big Band/Swing/Vocals
2) '90s Alternative/Grunge
3) '80s Alternative
4) Classic Vinyl
5) Modern Alternative Rock
6) Beatles
7) Classical (which is too broad on its own, I particularly like the Romantic period through mid-20th Century)
8) Broadway
9) Bluegrass
(the others are talk stations)

What's not on there is ska (mostly 2nd wave, but some 3rd wave as well) and early country swing (pre-1960). All that said, I can listen to almost anything and find some musical value.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Blues, Punk, Jazz Fusion, Rock n' Roll
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

inkyatari

Depends on my mood.

I grew up in the 70's 80's, so I listen to a lot of pop / rock from then - Cheap Trick, Genesis, Steely Dan, Howard Jones, Journey, Doobie Brothers, Heart

Having kids in their teens, I listen to some more recent music - Gorillaz, Panic! At The Disco (fun fact: I was listening to Panic! Before my  kids.  I really like Panic!)

In recent years, I have started listening to Sinatra.  In the last couple weeks, I realized that there's a lot of country songs I like ("Let Your Love Flow," The Bellamy Brothers, quite a few Dolly Parton songs, as well as quite a few Johnny Cash songs...)
I also enjoy some classical, especially the Grand Canyon Suite by Ferde Grofe

Other bands I like...  King's X, The Galactic Cowboys, Hall and Oates, The Lonely Island, Weird Al,
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

Avalanchez71

Like 80's music, classic rock form the 70's and 80's.  I like country from the 80's and early to mid 90's.  Smooth jazz is cool and like classical as well.  Music from today is awful.

SectorZ

Quote from: formulanone on February 20, 2018, 06:26:25 PM
Is anyone truly going to say "I hate music"?

That's a bit like saying "I dislike food".

You'd be surprised. I've met a few.

kurumi

Currently into prog djent fusion; there's a lot of stuff there. Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8y6a-5fcdg

Other artists: Owane, Haamoja, Plini, Jakub Zytecki, Arch Echo, Pocket Size Universe, Clément Belio, Andy Hauck
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Buck87

Rock from the 60's, 70's and 80's

TheHighwayMan3561

Most broadly I listen to classic rock and oldies, and within that the sub genre of prog rock (Yes, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Pink Floyd, Styx, etc.). Lately I've been listening to a lot of Christopher Cross, Chicago, and assorted lame love songs from bands like Bread and Player.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

qguy

There's no option for big band.

inkyatari

Quote from: qguy on February 22, 2018, 09:00:42 AM
There's no option for big band.

"In The Mood" by Glen Miller is one of the greatest songs ever.
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.