News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Highway-themed restaurant/menu

Started by usends, March 02, 2018, 10:52:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

usends

This is a portion of the menu at Crossroads Pub and Grill in Pine Junction, Colorado.  Sure, we can nitpick about the I-95 shield, but clearly this guy put a lot of thought into it, and I think he did a way better job than the average graphic designer would have.  I told the owner I was impressed with the authentic highway signs, and he responded that he "pulled them off the internet". 

usends.com - US highway endpoints, photos, maps, and history

Big John

So every price is to the mile or half-mile marker

MNHighwayMan

That's an impressive amount of effort put into accuracy, even if the I-95 marker blows.

Otto Yamamoto

Corned beef on a burger? Not in N.Y..

P00I

Rothman

Quote from: Otto Yamamoto on March 03, 2018, 01:00:39 AM
Corned beef on a burger? Not in N.Y..

P00I
This is what I thought, but it still sounds good.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

ilpt4u

I would have picked a Florida's Turnpike shield for the Florida Veggie.

Otherwise, cool menu

cu2010

Those are some really expensive wings...
This is cu2010, reminding you, help control the ugly sign population, don't have your shields spayed or neutered.

Mr_Northside

Not sure what they're "boneless wings" are like, but 8 for $9.50 isn't THAT expensive anymore - certainly not that great of a deal, but the price of wings has been skyrocketing lately (if only chickens had more than two wings).....
I don't have opinions anymore. All I know is that no one is better than anyone else, and everyone is the best at everything

hotdogPi

Quote from: Mr_Northside on March 06, 2018, 04:14:16 PM
Not sure what they're "boneless wings" are like, but 8 for $9.50 isn't THAT expensive anymore - certainly not that great of a deal, but the price of wings has been skyrocketing lately (if only chickens had more than two wings).....

Chicken wings aren't anywhere near as powerful as rockets. Some airplane models can reach space (100 km) temporarily, but I still wouldn't call their wings sky rockets.

On topic, the 99 Restaurant (local to New England) has 50¢ (previously .49¢ [sic]) wings on Thursdays, which is much cheaper than this.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

MNHighwayMan

There's a $100 million invention: a GMO chicken that has multiple pairs of wings. :-P

Rothman

99 Restaurant serves various types and viscosities of toxic ooze.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

cu2010

I can get a dozen wings for about that much...so yes, it is. :)
This is cu2010, reminding you, help control the ugly sign population, don't have your shields spayed or neutered.

formulanone

Quote from: Otto Yamamoto on March 03, 2018, 01:00:39 AM
Corned beef on a burger? Not in N.Y.

It's not as if Florida constantly dines on veggie burgers, being one of the top-10 beef producing regions of the nation.

It must have to do with the Boca Burger, which is technically named for Spanish orifice for which comestibles are inserted.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.