News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Caltrans' experimental use of Clearview

Started by Pink Jazz, May 29, 2018, 11:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink Jazz

I just came back from California, and I was wondering, does anyone know examples of signs where Caltrans used Clearview?  Apparently Caltrans did briefly experiment with it since I saw one sign today (a truck scales sign), and there are few other examples that I did see posted somewhere.

i-215

Drove through the high desert (I-15) on Monday and I could have sworn I saw a couple of Clearview signs.  Perhaps it was just my imagination.

As far as SoCal goes, I don't recall seeing any Clearview signs in urbanized areas.

myosh_tino

Quote from: Pink Jazz on May 29, 2018, 11:27:38 PM
I just came back from California, and I was wondering, does anyone know examples of signs where Caltrans used Clearview?  Apparently Caltrans did briefly experiment with it since I saw one sign today (a truck scales sign), and there are few other examples that I did see posted somewhere.

I seem to recall from an earlier discussion there are two known Clearview signs in California.  One is an advance guide sign for a weigh station on I-10 (I think).  The other, I think, is on I-10 near the Arizona border but the caveat is this sign was fabricated by Arizona's DOT.

I thank my lucky stars that Caltrans hasn't experimented any further with Clearview.  Even one sign is too many IMO.

I'm OK with cities using it for street blades.  Just keep it off BGSes.
Quote from: golden eagle
If I owned a dam and decided to donate it to charity, would I be giving a dam? I'm sure that might be a first because no one really gives a dam.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.