News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

I admit it

Started by ShawnP, May 01, 2010, 02:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShawnP

I am Shawn and I'm a road geek. I have been since I was six years old in 1973 watching Florida build I-95 thru the Broward County area. I live in the KC area and lots of projects going thru.

FLRoads

Welcome aboard, Shawn! Hope you enjoy what the forum has to offer!!

shoptb1

Welcome to the forum!

kurumi

Welcome to the forum. I lived in southern FL a little later ... when I-95 ended at PGA Blvd. in Palm Beach Gardens and construction had started on the extension; when SR 811 was Alternate A1A and 2 lanes wide; and there was a lot of open space between Jupiter and WPB.
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

ShawnP

I can still recall yelling at the workers on break to finish my road quicker. Nothing has changed just a few more adjectives of the four letter variety.

BigMattFromTexas

Welcome, from west-cemtral Texas.
BigMatt

joseph1723

Welcome from Ontario, Canada! Hope you have a nice time here!

Likewise, I remember the constant construction along ON 401 during the '90s when they had a huge reconstruction project going on that to me took almost forever to complete. Even so, some sections are still under construction now.

ShawnP

Thanks to all who answered. Trying to add my information about KC highways and highways I drive alot across central America.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.