News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Philadelphia

Started by Alex, August 18, 2009, 03:06:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

MASTERNC

Quote from: 74/171FAN on December 26, 2023, 07:03:41 PM
(Also for US 1)  PennDOT - District 6 News: U.S. 1 South (Roosevelt Expressway) Ramp to I-76 West in Philadelphia Closed Due to Structural Damage Caused by Vehicle Strike

That detour will be a mess. There's only a stop sign at the end of the Montgomery Drive ramp. It's in dire need of a signal like the opposing ramps to/from WB 76.

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

(For US 1 and US 13)  PennDOT - District 6 News: Roadway, Bridge Construction Continues Next Week on U.S. 13 South Ramp Over U.S. 1 (Roosevelt Boulevard) in Hunting Park

QuoteDrivers are reminded that the southbound U.S. 13 (Hunting Park Avenue) ramp remains closed 24/7 through Monday, January 22, when the ramp is scheduled to reopen to traffic.

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

MASTERNC

jeffandnicole

Quote from: MASTERNC on January 23, 2024, 09:53:09 AM
Quote from: 74/171FAN on January 22, 2024, 01:29:10 PM
PennDOT - District 6 News: CAP Demolition to Close I-95 North for 36 Hours February 3-5 in Center City Philadelphia

Holy crazy map of alternative routes, Batman. 

Yeah, it's a little ridiculous.  I guess they're thinking of all possible origins and destinations one needs to take, but frankly, they can cut this down a bit. 

While it'll be a $5 detour, the shortest and probably quickest detour would be take 95 North to I-76 East across the Walt Whitman bridge, North on I-676, pay the $5, cross the Ben Franklin, then pick up I-676 East to I-95 North.   Going southbound, do the reverse.  And that one isn't marked on the map as a single color. 

Possibly the easiest toll free is marked orange - using the Platt Bridge to 76 West to 676 East to 95 North; the reverse going south.

Some of the others are common sense - the NJ Turnpike is almost always going to be the fastest option to bypass Philly any if going between Delaware and North Jersey.

Notable that the arrows all point towards the North and East, not both directions.

02 Park Ave

Only the northbound lanes will be closed.
C-o-H

jeffandnicole

Quote from: 02 Park Ave on January 24, 2024, 10:31:14 PM
Only the northbound lanes will be closed.

Ah, ok, that explains that.

tmoore952

Quote from: jeffandnicole on January 24, 2024, 08:32:15 PM

Possibly the easiest toll free is marked orange - using the Platt Bridge to 76 West to 676 East to 95 North; the reverse going south.

Do you mean using the Platt Bridge to 26th Street to 76 West to 676 East to 95 North  ?
I didn't look at the map since this closure won't affect me.
But that's the route I always used to go downtown from the airport area.
IIRC that's what the signs would direct you to do when you cross the Platt Bridge.

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

CE Expert System:  I-95: Ann St - Wheatsheaf (around Allegheny Ave interchange)

Quote2023 - Construction Section AFR - This CE-Reevaluation is required due to the change in ROW takes from partial to a full acquisition for Parcel 7. MPMS# 115687 was added for Section AFR. New remarks were added under Project Funding and Fiscal Constraint. The information which follows is repeated from the CE Re-evaluation approved on 9/23/20. The I-95 Construction Section AF2 CEE is being re-evaluated to address information specific to Construction Section AF2. The first CEE for AFC was completed as a Hardship CEE for Monkiewicz Playground; it was re-evaluated in 2018 for overall Section AFC (Sections AF2 through AF4), except AF1, which was approved as a Re-Evaluation under the I-95 Section GR1 Re-Evaluation. This CEER has been completed for Construction Section AF2.

(For US 1)  PennDOT - District 6 News: St. Joseph's University Dormitory Construction Scheduled Next Week on U.S. 1 (City Avenue) in Philadelphia, Lower Merion Township

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.