News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Philadelphia

Started by Alex, August 18, 2009, 03:06:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ixnay

On the SWPA thread, 74/171 posted this link as to the future of the Schuylkill (IDK if this has been linked on the Philly or PA threads before; I didn't know about the link until a few moments ago).

https://transform76.com/ [thanks, 74/171]

Notice the proposed flex lanes between the Turnpike and Conshy and between Belmont and the Roosevelt Expy., which does jog my memory.  The gestation of these lanes will be interesting.
The Washington/Baltimore/Arlington CSA has two Key Bridges, a Minnesota Avenue, and a Mannasota Avenue.

tckma

Quote from: ixnay on March 19, 2023, 06:52:49 PM
Notice the proposed flex lanes between the Turnpike and Conshy and between Belmont and the Roosevelt Expy., which does jog my memory.  The gestation of these lanes will be interesting.

People already frequently use the shoulder as a travel lane in this area (and it pisses me off when they do).  "Flex lanes" just makes it legal.

I'll be happier when and if they do the coordinated signal timings that are promised.  Umbria St/Leverington Ave/Main St/Green Lane is an absolute nightmare in the mornings approaching 76, especially during the 8-9AM hour, and I think signal timings could help.  Similarly, Belmont Ave/Rock Hill Road in Lower Marion Township in the afternoons, particularly during the 5:30-6:30pm hour.

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

PennDOT - District 6 News: Roadway, Bridge Construction Scheduled at Night Next Week on I-95 in Delaware County

The important news affects PA 291 in Philly.

QuoteFriday, July 14, through Friday, August 18, the ramp from Route 291 (Bartram Avenue) to southbound I-95Opens In A New Window in Philadelphia will be closed and detoured 24/7. During the closure motorists will be directed to follow the posted detour route.

74/171FAN

kendallhart808

Does anyone know what PennDOT is working on along I-76 from Belmont-ish area to Roosevelt Avenue? Seems like they are resurfacing but they've moved lanes around and destroyed the old concrete median.

74/171FAN

Quote from: kendallhart808 on July 12, 2023, 10:54:55 AM
Does anyone know what PennDOT is working on along I-76 from Belmont-ish area to Roosevelt Avenue? Seems like they are resurfacing but they've moved lanes around and destroyed the old concrete median.

Yeah, I thought it was just a general resurfacing project.

74/171FAN

(Update related to PA 291 is in Philly)  PennDOT - District 6 News: Traffic Shift Scheduled Monday Night on I-95 South in Delaware County

QuoteThe planned closure of Route 291 (Bartram Avenue) ramp to southbound I-95Opens In A New Window in Philadelphia has been postponed. The ramp was scheduled to close beginning Friday, July 14 through Friday, August 18. The ramp closure will be rescheduled at a date to be determined.

Tonytone

Quote from: 74/171FAN on July 12, 2023, 11:45:13 AM
Quote from: kendallhart808 on July 12, 2023, 10:54:55 AM

Yeah, I thought it was just a general resurfacing project.

Most likely they are doing what they have been doing on all the current resurfacing & improvement projects in the area.

They have been destroying old barrier medians, repairing/bringing new ones in & then repaving the roads, improving signage, lighting and reflectors.

It's been apart of the whole infrastructure they have been doing in the area, the first example of this is 95 from the Delaware Line to 476, they redid everything, and put a brand new barrier wall in the Chester portion as well.

It's very well needed, and I cant wait till 76 is smooth as butter and looking good, they just finished the bridge project on the 1 by Manuyunk and it's nice.
Promoting Cities since 1998!

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

Dough4872

https://6abc.com/truck-fire-tacony-bridge-philadelphia-roads-closed/13574249/ Another truck fire under a bridge in Philly, not far from the I-95 collapse

Tonytone

Quote from: Dough4872 on July 30, 2023, 06:57:33 PM
https://6abc.com/truck-fire-tacony-bridge-philadelphia-roads-closed/13574249/ Another truck fire under a bridge in Philly, not far from the I-95 collapse

It is now reopened, luckily thousands of gallons of gas weren't involved this time to melt it.
Promoting Cities since 1998!

74/171FAN

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.