User Content > Road Trips

2023 Road Trip Plans

<< < (23/24) > >>

Hunty2022:

--- Quote from: Hunty2022 on November 11, 2023, 10:34:40 AM ---I’m going on the Blue Ridge Parkway today, how far south? I don’t know yet.

--- End quote ---

I decided to go on Skyline Drive instead, entered at US 33, and took it north to Pinnacle Overlook in Rappahannock County. I then turned around to went to the first east-facing overlook south of US 33, before turning back around and going home.

I took 825 photos during this trip.

D-Dey65:
I took my trip to Folkston yesterday. I decided to take FL-GA 121 all the way there from Gainesville, with a short detour onto CR 231 and FL 18. My camera battery died on me at the approach to the FL 121 truck weigh stations. I had no way of charging it up, and because the camera took EN-EL-19 batteries, I couldn't find anybody who sold them. All of my chargers sucked, my car can't charge anything to save my life, and even my jump starter wasn't able to do anything for me. I finally decided to use my cell phone despite the lack of space on it, and it forced me put the thing in self-portrait-mode, which I couldn't get out of. As I was waiting for the next train, my phone started to die on me too. So, I had to just pack up and go home! :verymad:  :thumbdown:

I'd be exaggerating if I said this was the worst Folkston trip ever, but it was still pretty bad for me.

Rothman:

--- Quote from: D-Dey65 on November 29, 2023, 04:23:06 PM ---I took my trip to Folkston yesterday. I decided to take FL-GA 121 all the way there from Gainesville, with a short detour onto CR 231 and FL 18. My camera battery died on me at the approach to the FL 121 truck weigh stations. I had no way of charging it up, and because the camera took EN-EL-19 batteries, I couldn't find anybody who sold them. All of my chargers sucked, my car can't charge anything to save my life, and even my jump starter wasn't able to do anything for me. I finally decided to use my cell phone despite the lack of space on it, and it forced me put the thing in self-portrait-mode, which I couldn't get out of. As I was waiting for the next train, my phone started to die on me too. So, I had to just pack up and go home! :verymad: 

I'd be exaggerating if I said this was the worst Folkston trip ever, but it was still pretty bad for me.

--- End quote ---
You must have an old car.

D-Dey65:

--- Quote from: Rothman on November 29, 2023, 05:27:25 PM ---You must have an old car.

--- End quote ---
2002 Toyota Camry. It runs fine, and evidently gets some decent gas mileage. But charging your stuff with the thing has always been a pain in the ass.

I want to get a new front bumper that can handle my foglights. The bumper pods on mine are fake. Being forced to take care of the family dog kind of gets in the way of that.

Rothman:

--- Quote from: D-Dey65 on November 29, 2023, 06:13:49 PM ---
--- Quote from: Rothman on November 29, 2023, 05:27:25 PM ---You must have an old car.

--- End quote ---
2002 Toyota Camry. It runs fine, and evidently gets some decent gas mileage. But charging your stuff with the thing has always been a pain in the ass.

I want to get a new front bumper that can handle my foglights. The bumper pods on mine are fake. Being forced to take care of the family dog kind of gets in the way of that.

--- End quote ---

21 years = old car.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version