Regional Boards > Central States

Missouri

<< < (79/96) > >>

mvak36:

--- Quote from: mvak36 on August 22, 2023, 02:01:42 PM ---
https://www.missourinet.com/2023/08/17/modot-wants-to-share-their-plan-on-i-70s-third-lane-listen/

From this audio interview, the program director for the I-70 project said that the project is broken into 6 different segments and the first one they identified is from Route 63 in Columbia to Kingdom City. They are tentatively scheduled to start in Spring 2024.

--- End quote ---

They have a project site for this section: https://www.modot.org/improvei70/columbiakingdomcity

roadman65:
Just completed I-49 in the state.

MDOT needs to add a I-49 shield on Route H in Pineville at the SB freeway entrance ramp. They obviously forgot it was signed solely as US 71 SB due to it originally ending immediately south of it before the bypass got built into AR. Meanwhile NB I-49 is signed from Route H, but SB isn’t.

roadman65:
Is there a difference between one and two letter secondary route signings.

I’ve noticed in Goodman along I-49 thst Exit 17 is signed for Route B and Route BB. It seems Route BB is an old alignment of Route C west of MO 59 that recently got changed with Route C being truncated to MO 59. Now BB is the part from I-49 to MO 59.

Don’t understand why Route B don’t get extended to MO 59 instead of creating a short Route BB.

kphoger:

--- Quote from: roadman65 on September 17, 2023, 07:37:26 PM ---Is there a difference between one and two letter secondary route signings.

I’ve noticed in Goodman along I-49 thst Exit 17 is signed for Route B and Route BB. It seems Route BB is an old alignment of Route C west of MO 59 that recently got changed with Route C being truncated to MO 59. Now BB is the part from I-49 to MO 59.

Don’t understand why Route B don’t get extended to MO 59 instead of creating a short Route BB.

--- End quote ---

I'm not aware of any real difference between one-letter and two-letter routes.

I do think it's strange that B Hwy wasn't simply extended to 59.  However, it's very common for these routes to change designations at a major junction (or even a minor junction).  To the north of there is my family's usual route between Wichita and Branson.  Where we cross over I-49 north of Carthage, M Hwy changes to N Hwy.  At the Jasper junction, H Hwy turns into K Hwy at I-49.  North of Lamar, DD Hwy turns into EE Hwy.  Irwin, V Hwy to C Hwy.  Sheldon, N Hwy to B Hwy.  And so on and so forth.  This is not limited to I-49, but is very common statewide.

roadman65:
Has anyone seen the License Plate Wall inside the I-44 EB Welcome Center near Joplin?

Also I saw signs on I-49. Obviously it don’t have a welcome Center at the AR Border yet ( nor to my knowledge have any rest areas in MO being new to the system) but at Pineville it has for an affiliate Welcome Center off the freeway. I’m assuming that it’s a public private partnership thing until MoDOT decides to build normal rest areas on its latest interstate designation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version