Regional Boards > Central States

Missouri

<< < (89/96) > >>

fhmiii:

--- Quote from: roadman65 on November 11, 2023, 02:52:46 PM ---Here is something. Unlike the other bridges in Kanas City, that use cantilever or cables, this one is a typical design.

Someone brought up the new Buck O’ Neil Crossing recently as that new structure will resemble the MO Route 9 Bridge like here.

--- End quote ---

Since the two major metro areas in Missouri straddle the state line, there's a lot of cooperation between several of the departments, especially transportation.  MODOT and KSDOT work together (not always well, but they try) on a number of things, including overhead signage, construction signage, etc.

And yes, the Buck O'Neill Bridge (formerly the Broadway Bridge) is in the process of being replaced with a standard highway bridge and it kills my soul just a little bit every time I see it.

roadman65:
I like how the current Buck O’ Neil graces the Missouri River from the Lewis & Clark Viaduct with the new tall tower of the I-29/35 bridge behind it. Those arches look nice. They were aesthetically appealing for sure. Now I can’t imagine what a modern freeway bridge will make the river view look like.

Edit: Yes I can.
https://maps.app.goo.gl/ooCL6PWobrNZiJyHA
GSV shows how the new bridge already ruins the view.

https://historicbridges.org/bridges/browser/?bridgebrowser=missouri/broadway/
The Historic Bridges website rates the State of Missouri being very bad at preserving historic bridges.

The Ghostbuster:
I see two new bridges being constructed over W. 5th St. and W. 4th St. just west of the US 169 viaduct. Are they planning to reroute US 169 to meet Interstates 35 and 70 via the freeway-to-freeway interchange?

intelati49:

--- Quote from: The Ghostbuster on November 14, 2023, 12:00:57 PM ---I see two new bridges being constructed over W. 5th St. and W. 4th St. just west of the US 169 viaduct. Are they planning to reroute US 169 to meet Interstates 35 and 70 via the freeway-to-freeway interchange?

--- End quote ---

Looks like it's only going to directly connect (freeway connections) to I35N/S. There's only street level connection to I-70.

I recently remembered "Hey, I haven't looked at LcLoudmouth recently." It's the same area, but "Before the Buck O'Neil bridge" is the first picture

afguy:
The governor was in Joplin on Friday to celebrate the completion of one of the bridges in his "Focus on Bridges" project. During his news conference he mentioned that expanding I-44 from Joplin to St. Louis would be the state's next priority and that more details will follow during his state of the state address next month. I'm looking forward to seeing what the governor has planned.

Governor marks completion of bridge projects, says I-44 expansion next

--- Quote ---With approval of the funding of a major expansion of Interstate 70 to six lanes across most of Missouri from St. Louis to Kansas City in the offing, Parson said it is time to turn the state’s attention to Interstate 44.

“We’ve talked about that ever since I’ve been in Jefferson City. and now it’s going to come to fruition,” Parson said. “Now with I-70 off the table, the good news for you in Southwest Missouri, I-44 is next. You will see vast improvement in that in the coming years. And I will tell you this, in the State of the State Address, I’m not supposed to be telling what I’m going to be saying, but I-44 will be mentioned.”

Parson said he expects there to be “a huge amount of support” for working on I-44 from St. Louis to Joplin, a project that has been discussed for years.

“I don’t think there’s any question you’ve got I-70 funded, you’ve got I-44 next in line,” Parson said. “We’re already starting the process, we’re building overpasses, we’re doing work on I-44 actually working our way to that time when we’re going to expand I-44. So I think there will be talk about that, there will be more talk about other projects in the state, I-55 and such.”
--- End quote ---
https://www.joplinglobe.com/news/business/governor-marks-completion-of-bridge-projects-says-i-44-expansion-next/article_5173ec70-9625-11ee-8d51-d7f6f3b8036e.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version