2019-20 Official Minnesota Highway Map

Started by The High Plains Traveler, June 05, 2019, 11:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: Roadguy on June 15, 2019, 05:05:51 PM
How in the world did Wisconsinites manage to take over a thread about the new Minnesota map and make it political?

Stupidity. That's the only explanation for Wisconsinites.

GeekJedi

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on June 15, 2019, 07:50:15 PM
How in the world did Wisconsinites manage to take over a thread about the new Minnesota map and make it political?

Is that an example of the "Minnesota Nice" that I'm always hearing about?
"Wisconsin - The Concurrency State!"

thspfc

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on June 15, 2019, 07:50:15 PM

Whatever. I won't turn this into a Minnesota vs Wisconsin thing, but what-ever.

froggie

Given the person who said it lives in Iowa, take from it what you will...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back on topic, I have a phone call with the Robert St project manager on the docket this week at her request.  Hopefully I will get some clarification on the northern terminus on that call.  If anyone has any other relevant questions, I'm open to asking.

Mdcastle

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on June 06, 2019, 03:34:33 PM
I can confirm MN 3 has been extended. Reassurance shields posted as far north as the Butler Avenue intersection, thus far.

I drove the entire length of Robert Street. Sporadic MN 3 reassurance shields up to Butler Street, nothing on the overhead signs and nothing north of Butler. Possibly they still hope to reach a turnback agreement on the not yet reconstructed portion?

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: Mdcastle on June 23, 2019, 11:47:34 AM
Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on June 06, 2019, 03:34:33 PM
I can confirm MN 3 has been extended. Reassurance shields posted as far north as the Butler Avenue intersection, thus far.

I drove the entire length of Robert Street. Sporadic MN 3 reassurance shields up to Butler Street, nothing on the overhead signs and nothing north of Butler. Possibly they still hope to reach a turnback agreement on the not yet reconstructed portion?

I was more thinking they didn't want to install things they may have had to rip out again for the rebuild.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

midwesternroadguy

Quote from: dvferyance on June 12, 2019, 02:02:36 PM
Quote from: The Ghostbuster on June 07, 2019, 05:00:54 PM
I am still waiting for the 2019-20 Official Wisconsin Highway Map to be released. I hope it comes out soon!
I won't be getting it because Evers will be on it. I will have to wait until at least 2023 to replace the one I already have.

Maybe by 2023 there will be some revisions to make to show some new highway changes.  Oops, probably not, as the Republicans still control the House and Assembly....thanks to gerrymandering and voter suppression. 

hotdogPi

Quote from: midwesternroadguy on July 02, 2019, 05:34:39 AM
I am still waiting for the 2019-20 Official Wisconsin Highway Map to be released. I hope it comes out soon!
I won't be getting it because Evers will be on it. I will have to wait until at least 2023 to replace the one I already have.

Maybe by 2023 there will be some revisions to make to show some new highway changes.  Oops, probably not, as the Republicans still control the House and Assembly....thanks to gerrymandering and voter suppression.

They won't be able to gerrymander much in the 2021 redistricting. Evers will veto it.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

thspfc

Quote from: 1 on July 02, 2019, 06:30:25 AM
Quote from: midwesternroadguy on July 02, 2019, 05:34:39 AM

They won't be able to gerrymander much in the 2021 redistricting. Evers will veto it.
How is this not locked?

TheHighwayMan3561

It doesn't need to be locked. All the useless political posts can just be removed.

More like, how did a discussion about the MN map become a WI political thread?
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

froggie

^ Because someone commented about wanting the next Wisconsin map to come out and it all went downhill from there...

thspfc

Quote from: froggie on July 02, 2019, 05:03:12 PM
^ Because someone commented about wanting the next Wisconsin map to come out and it all went downhill from there...
I don't think he was looking for the answer.

texaskdog

they still have US 52 hitting MN 5 directly

midwesternroadguy

The paper copies are now available at most MnDOT district offices. 

mgk920

I just got a couple from a MnDOT booth, mainly focusing on the state's aviation facilities, at EAA in Oshkosh, WI a couple of weeks ago.

:clap:

I agree that it is about time that non-interstate freeways be shown as freeways on the MnDOT map and not by using the same symbolism as is used for denoting surface four or more lanes divided roads.  Use a different color if they want for their being non-interstates, but please show them as freeways.

Also, is there a reason why MnDOT has adopted a new logo?  I liked their old 'north arrow' one.

Mike

Mdcastle

It's part of a new branding effort to have all state agencies use the same logo.

MNHighwayMan

I can confirm that the new maps are also now available at the welcome center on I-35. I'd assume they're at the others, too.

DandyDan

I got my paper copy last weekend and for whatever reason, the lines for the state highways around Kenyon get extra thin. The same problem appears for MN 3 going north out of Faribault.
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

texaskdog

Quote from: DandyDan on August 15, 2019, 02:26:28 PM
I got my paper copy last weekend and for whatever reason, the lines for the state highways around Kenyon get extra thin. The same problem appears for MN 3 going north out of Faribault.

sometimes they don't like to build shoulders

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.