News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

The best sunrises and sunsets ever

Started by tolbs17, March 28, 2021, 08:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tolbs17

Here's one. The best sunset in my neighborhood

And that shadow is me!

Max Rockatansky

Not sure where I have photo but Truman Annex or NAS Key West is pretty up there for sun down.

webny99

I just went through my photos and I've got quite a few - too many to post all at once, so I'll try for one per day. First up:

Fair Haven, NY, 2019

formulanone

This a tough selection, because there's so many good ones...I might have to choose different ones, depending on mood!

This is my most popular photo on Flickr, captured from 10,000 feet up over Palm Beach County, Florida (2012):

I'm partial to this one because it's nice to be home for the week (2019):

Turning towards Atlanta one September morning - not exactly sure, but I get some really great morning colors right on the cusp of September and October (2019):

This is one of my favorite sunsets; flying home somewhere between Atlanta and Huntsville in 2014:

Sunset from a parking garage in Boca Raton, from 2009:

I-75 on Alligator Alley in 2012:

webny99

Quote from: webny99 on March 28, 2021, 10:55:22 PM
I just went through my photos and I've got quite a few - too many to post all at once, so I'll try for one per day.

I was planning on posting one per evening since almost all of my pictures are sunsets (not sunrises)... but for the one sunrise in my collection, it's only right to post it in the morning:

Ocean City, MD, 2020

webny99

webny99

Rochester, NY skyline at sunset as seen from NY 286, 02/10/2023:

TheHighwayMan3561

Not sure if I have photos to add later, but when I sat out on the end of Artists' Point in Grand Marais, MN to see the sun rise I believe in 2012 or 2014. Felt like I could reach out and squeeze it with my fingers.

We had hoped back in 2007 to see the sun ise in Lubec, ME, but it stormed that morning.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Bruce

nexus73

Location: Horsfall Beach, north of North Bend OR.  Back in the Eighties, a group of us were out there at sunset.  At one point everything turned blue including the sand.  Temps were so high at that moment that I had to take off my t-shirt, which is unheard of when being on a south coast of Oregon beach at that hour.  I have never seen such a thing before or since. 

Horsfall Beach is named after a doctor who lived here long ago.

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

1995hoo

My wife took this picture last Friday on southbound I-85 approaching Exit 206 in North Carolina. We were on our way to Durham for the NHL Stadium Series game in Raleigh the following night and a sunset like this was really nice after a grey, gloomy, rainy day. It's not the "most spectacular" sunset I've seen by any means, but it was a real mood-lifter on a day like that (plus the drive took a total of six hours with stops due to traffic, using Route 1 between Aquia and I-295 due to incidents on I-95, and a big crash in Ashland that forced a further detour).

"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

jmacswimmer

From I-95 SB approaching Philadelphia on 1/28 (as part of a day-trip to clinch the Garden State Parkway in one shot):

"Now, what if da Bearss were to enter the Indianapolis 5-hunnert?"
"How would they compete?"
"Let's say they rode together in a big buss."
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"Then I like da Bear buss."
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

JayhawkCO

One right after some storms had rolled in over the mountains.

1995hoo

"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.