News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Any one play in their schools band?

Started by BigMattFromTexas, June 02, 2010, 08:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMattFromTexas

Anyone here play in their school band? Or even play an instrument in general? I play Alto Saxophone, and maybe next year Tenor Saxophone. This is my first year of playing sax. I just wanna know if any roadgeeks play instruments.
BigMatt

huskeroadgeek

Played Alto Sax many years ago, but decided to go the vocal music route-which became another way for me to indulge my roadgeek fantasy as I did a lot of traveling in college with my college choir.

OracleUsr

Sousaphone, both high school (3 years) and college/grad school (7 years)
Anti-center-tabbing, anti-sequential-numbering, anti-Clearview BGS FAN

njroadhorse

Played the trombone all 4 years in high school, and planning on doing that in college too.
NJ Roads FTW!
Quote from: agentsteel53 on September 30, 2009, 04:04:11 PM
I-99... the Glen Quagmire of interstate routes??

cu2010

Used to play drums, played them in high school and in college pep band.

However, I can no longer play them...playing in college put too much strain on my wrists to the point where I cannot play without inflicting pain...too bad.
This is cu2010, reminding you, help control the ugly sign population, don't have your shields spayed or neutered.

TheStranger

Played drums for two years in my high school's orchestra, covering two winter concerts in the jazz band, and two musical theater shows.
Chris Sampang

kurumi

Trombone (marching, concert and jazz bands); keyboard (jazz) and vibraphone (marching). Our high school band did a halftime show at a UConn football game back in the day. A lot less than 40,000 people in the stands back then.
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

74/171FAN

I used to play clarinet in my high school band.  In fact, we got to play with other high school bands at the Orange Bowl back on New Year's Day of 2009.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

hm insulators

Used to play drums. Learned how to play them in intermediate school, then later had a drum kit. Even played drums in a couple of heavy metal bands in Hawaii--not exactly a heavy-metal hotbed, but it was fun!
Remember: If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I'd rather be a child of the road than a son of a ditch.

At what age do you tell a highway that it's been adopted?

Scott5114

Played trombone in high school. I wasn't too good at it. I've only played once since I graduated, though...
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

algorerhythms

I played the trombone in high school marching band/concert band, and in college I played in the pep band (we played at basketball games). Since I graduated, I've been playing every once in a while in a sort of brass trio with a couple of trumpet players at work.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.