News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Worst Bathrooms in Fast Food

Started by roadman65, June 01, 2019, 10:52:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

MacDonalds as every time I have to go number two some asswipe is always inside the one and only stall and spends nearly ten minutes and does whatever while I am in agony trying to prevent an accident.  Never fails each time I have to go when at the Golden Arches.

Arby's and their no stall but lock the door in is next when have to go.

They need at least two stalls for the standard toilet as the urinal is okay at one.  However, the health laws do not care about quantity rather than you have at least one for man and another for woman.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

oscar

If you have single-user restrooms, like what you described at some Arby's, if the women's room is not being used you can always ask permission from a crew member to use that. I did that at a McD's with single-user rooms, no problema.

It helps that when you're doing #2, you're not likely to miss the target as us guys are wont to do when doing #1. That's one reason why some women prefer not to let men use women's single-user rooms.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

txstateends

IMO, there really isn't always 1 whole chain that is bad at cleaning bathrooms.  It usually depends on the franchisee.  Some places do very well about bathroom appearance/cleanliness, others not so much.  It's almost like convenience stores, truck stops-travel centers, or grocery stores.  There are standouts in places, while others need serious attention--even to the point of renovation.
\/ \/ click for a bigger image \/ \/

Brian556

I do think there should have to be more than one stall per restroom. Also, single-person restrooms are a health hazard because if someone is in there you cant go in to wash your hands before eating, which is very unsanitary.

At Target, the restroom situation is a no-win situation. The public restrooms at the front are nice, but the fan is very weak. Anytime somebody takes a crap, you have to put your shirt over your nose just to enter. They have single-person employee restrooms in the back. There are lazy assholes that sit in the men's for very long periods of time to avoid work. And, I used to be able to use the womens, but not anymore, because one of our employees, probably the obese one, makes it smell like dead fish. The smell does not dissipate, ever. That restroom permanantly smells like that. It is the most unbelievably nausiating smell in the world.

Also, the employee restrooms are nasty in general, with filth running down the walls. They look like the restrooms of a gas station that is owned by third-world people. The custodians are sorry and dont clean then properly.

Really, instead of stalls, public restrooms should be required to have individual rooms for each toilet, with a strong fan in each one.

renegade

Quote from: roadman65 on June 01, 2019, 10:52:23 AM
MacDonalds as every time I have to go number two some asswipe is always inside the one and only stall and spends nearly ten minutes and does whatever while I am in agony trying to prevent an accident.  Never fails each time I have to go when at the Golden Arches.
Perhaps a change in diet should be considered.  Just a suggestion ...  :popcorn:
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

1995hoo

Quote from: oscar on June 01, 2019, 11:09:48 AM

It helps that when you're doing #2, you're not likely to miss the target as us guys are wont to do when doing #1. That's one reason why some women prefer not to let men use women's single-user rooms.

Heh. My office has a couple of single-sex restrooms and two unisex ones. One of the women was saying she refuses to use the unisex ones because she doesn't like going in there and finding the seat up. She was confounded and didn't know what to say when I pointed out that she should be glad the seat is up because it confirms for her that whatever guy was in there before her did in fact put the seat up instead of possibly leaving a soaked seat!
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

kphoger

Quote from: renegade on June 01, 2019, 01:18:24 PM

Quote from: roadman65 on June 01, 2019, 10:52:23 AM

Perhaps a change in diet should be considered.  Just a suggestion ...

Or else make your pit stop sooner.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

TheHighwayMan3561

Around here I refuse to visit (former) SuperAmericas. Kwik Trip and Holiday generally have clean and well-stocked restrooms.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

GaryV

I would prefer to NOT have bathrooms IN my fast food, thank you very much.

Rothman

I am not sure how having to wait for the bathroom makes it the worst.  As long as it is clean, it's all good.

Can't expect a free bathroom immediately right when you need it on the road.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

jeffandnicole

Women hover...and are often responsible for their own seat wetness!

I generally like McD's bathrooms because they usually aren't single-user bathrooms.

This reminds me of a story though. On our first cruise, one of the nightly shows was a version of the Dating Game. They had a newlywed couple, a 5-year married couple, and a 25 year+ married couple. One of the questions was: Name an unusual place you had sex. The husbands were stating their answer. The Newlywed husband's said proudly: in the Taco Bell bathroom! When the wives came out, they had to guess her husband's answer. When the Newlywed wife went to give her answer she just covered her face in embarrassment. When the host said what are you doing, she said she couldn't answer because her family was there! The host came over and said don't worry dear...everyone already knows!!! She hung her head in shame and said the Taco Bell bathroom!!!

It was effing hilarious!!!  :-D

oscar

Quote from: 1995hoo on June 01, 2019, 04:17:17 PM
Heh. My office has a couple of single-sex restrooms and two unisex ones. One of the women was saying she refuses to use the unisex ones because she doesn't like going in there and finding the seat up. She was confounded and didn't know what to say when I pointed out that she should be glad the seat is up because it confirms for her that whatever guy was in there before her did in fact put the seat up instead of possibly leaving a soaked seat!

At my favorite hot spring resort in Colorado, all the bathrooms are unisex, including the main ones with multiple stalls in an Ally McBeal-type arrangement (there's a walled-off toilet with a lockable door in each of the main bathrooms, for the most bashful). That includes the small single-user bathroom in the office, where the staff is mainly female. They leave cute notes for the guys, such as suggesting we "aim to please".

At a national park facility on Maui, all the toilets were in a long row of unisex single-user bathrooms. A worried woman asked me which were the men's toilets and the women's toilets. I patiently explained to her that each room's gender is for whoever's using it at the moment, so she should just pick the closest one with an unlocked door, and make sure the seat was down so she wouldn't fall into the pit toilet (these primitive facilities were not for the prissy). It took her awhile to catch on, but eventually she did.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

1995hoo

I used a public restroom at a shopping center in Stockholm and the unisex arrangement made sense: Very tall doors and walls that went all the way down to the floor, and each door had a red or green light to indicate occupancy. (I do not recall noticing how well "noises" were masked.) As an American it was a little weird to come out to wash my hands and find 60% of the people there were female, but it didn't much matter. I did find it mildly odd that there was no separate area with urinals simply for efficiency reasons, though.

webny99

Quote from: oscar on June 01, 2019, 08:03:54 PM
They leave cute notes for the guys, such as suggesting we "aim to please".

"We aim to please. You aim too please".
Seen that one more times than I can count.

Rothman

I've known more than one janitor that has claimed that women's restrooms are worse than men's.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

1995hoo

Quote from: webny99 on June 01, 2019, 08:30:34 PM
Quote from: oscar on June 01, 2019, 08:03:54 PM
They leave cute notes for the guys, such as suggesting we "aim to please".

"We aim to please. You aim too please".
Seen that one more times than I can count.

Saw this at a campground in Ontario:

This is the place we all must come
To do whatever must be done.
So do it clean, and do it neat,
But please don't do it all over the seat.

(Makes me think of the signs at swimming facilities that say "Welcome to our OOL!" Unfortunately, our neighborhood most definitely has a POOL with the "P" in it.)

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: Rothman on June 01, 2019, 08:44:00 PM
I've known more than one janitor that has claimed that women's restrooms are worse than men's.

I've heard this because of period bleeding. I've also heard that that stuff stinks worse than a dump.

OracleUsr

Hardee's (or Carls Jr west of the Mississippi) used to be the absolute worst.  The bathrooms smelled horrible and they were right by the front entrance.  Once or twice, I might have just said it was sa one time thing, but not consistently.
Anti-center-tabbing, anti-sequential-numbering, anti-Clearview BGS FAN

Scott5114

A local game store here in Norman was required by city code to have two bathrooms, and so they built a men's and a women's single-occupancy bathroom. However, their customer base skews male, so there was pretty often a wait for the men's and nobody using the women's. They also have a pretty sizeable number of transgender customers, for which gendered bathrooms are a touchy subject. So they just replaced the signs with ones reading "Whatever–just wash your hands". It works much better for them.

This was a big surprise to me during my first week of work. The women's room wasn't particularly foul-smelling or anything, but there was definitely more toilet paper strewn on the ground than the men's.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

TheHighwayMan3561

I'm never sure whether the single-stall gendered bathroom was required by law or just done because it's expected. Over half the time the men's doesn't even have a urinal anyway making it totally identical to the women's.

A few weeks ago I was at a Kwik Trip in Mauston, WI with single-stalls. There was a dude already in there taking a long dump, another dude impatiently waiting (who also took a long dump), and me, you guessed it - waiting to take a long dump. This was happening while the women's sat there unused, door wide open, enticing but off limits. Eventually I just said fuck it and got back on the road to go to a rest area.

CtrlAltDel

I've been led to believe that, on the whole, men tend to think that women's bathrooms are worse, and women tend to think men's bathrooms are worse. If I had to guess, you slowly just get used to the odors and whatnot of the bathrooms you use.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

1995hoo

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on June 02, 2019, 01:59:09 AM
I'm never sure whether the single-stall gendered bathroom was required by law or just done because it's expected. Over half the time the men's doesn't even have a urinal anyway making it totally identical to the women's.

When I was in law school, the library had both men's and women's restrooms on the fourth floor and a men's room on the second floor (no other women's room). The men's room had two booths and two urinals. The women quite rightly complained about not having a second restroom somewhere other than the fourth floor. The school's administration rightly saw the merit in their complaint, so they had one of the shitters and one of the urinals removed from the second floor restroom, and they also removed the booth enclosures. They then changed the sign on the door to have both male and female pictograms with the word "Unisex." (Why remove the booth walls? Duke rules said a unisex restroom has to be set up so only one person can use it at a time. I pointed out that TWO people could still use this one at once because it still had a shitter and a urinal.)

Problem solved? Well.....about a month later, a second sign appeared on the door: "Remember to Lock Door Behind You When Entering."  :-o

(Nowadays the propagandists afraid of the word "sex" would probably complain about "Unisex" and demand it say something like "Gender-neutral.")

Rothman

Quote from: CtrlAltDel on June 02, 2019, 06:22:10 AM

I've been led to believe that, on the whole, men tend to think that women's bathrooms are worse, and women tend to think men's bathrooms are worse. If I had to guess, you slowly just get used to the odors and whatnot of the bathrooms you use.
Perhaps (I have heard more people think the men's is typically worse), but these janitors were actually responsible for cleaning both, which means to me that they have a more informed opinion than just speculating what is in the other's bathroom.

bandit957

Usually, when I use restrooms in gas stations or restaurants, they have pee everywhere.

Once in a great while, somebody puts things in the toilet bowl. I still remember the time someone put a Pepsi can in the toilet at a Hardee's. A few years ago, someone put a catalog for RV equipment in a toilet somewhere.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

jeffandnicole

At my community center gym we have regular men's/women's locker rooms and bathrooms downstairs, but upstairs where the gym equipment is located we have two single bathrooms. For the first 10 years or so either sex could use either bathroom. I guess someone must've eventually put up a fit because one became a men's room and the other a women's room. Ironically, around this time is when unisex bathrooms started becoming a thing too...and our gym went the opposite way!  Some people don't care...and continue to use either bathroom if it's available.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.