National Boards > Road Enthusiasts Meetings

2022 meet ideas

<< < (11/14) > >>

hbelkins:

--- Quote from: A.J. Bertin on October 19, 2021, 11:31:21 PM ---Thanks for chiming in, Steve.  I will continue to maintain this list the same way I've been maintaining it all along.

--- End quote ---

Generally speaking, no one is responsible for what another one infers. And you're certainly not implying that these meets are definitely happening; only that they're potential events. So any inferences are beyond your control. If someone wants to start a thread on "confirmed 2022 meets" then they're free to do so, and not read or participate in this thread where they aren't inferring anything that wasn't implied in the original post.

Beyond that, which is applicable in a lot more places than just this thread, people generally tend to post about individual meets in their own threads with polls on possible dates, lists of potential attractions, restaurant choices, etc. Those pretty quickly resolve into final determinations on when, or if, they will take place. If AJ wants to produce a compilation, and others want to post in the thread, more power to him.

A.J. Bertin:

--- Quote from: hbelkins on October 20, 2021, 01:23:31 PM ---
--- Quote from: A.J. Bertin on October 19, 2021, 11:31:21 PM ---Thanks for chiming in, Steve.  I will continue to maintain this list the same way I've been maintaining it all along.

--- End quote ---

Generally speaking, no one is responsible for what another one infers. And you're certainly not implying that these meets are definitely happening; only that they're potential events. So any inferences are beyond your control. If someone wants to start a thread on "confirmed 2022 meets" then they're free to do so, and not read or participate in this thread where they aren't inferring anything that wasn't implied in the original post.

Beyond that, which is applicable in a lot more places than just this thread, people generally tend to post about individual meets in their own threads with polls on possible dates, lists of potential attractions, restaurant choices, etc. Those pretty quickly resolve into final determinations on when, or if, they will take place. If AJ wants to produce a compilation, and others want to post in the thread, more power to him.

--- End quote ---

Thank you, H.B.  The thing is, if Dan wants a separate thread/list right now for just the meets that are confirmed for 2022, that would be a pretty small list because most hosts don't definitively announce their meets so far in advance.  Out of all the meets that are on the 2022 list at this point (not including my Outer Banks meet), I think only two of them are confirmed so far with an exact date in mind.  On most occasions (I think), meets are not confirmed until some point within, say, 3-6 months in advance.  It just doesn't make sense to me to have separate lists for the different confirmation levels of meets.  But like you say, anyone can start whatever list they want.  I of course don't want to suggest that I have a monopoly on creating these lists.  I just started doing it, and the forum ran with it.  Next year, if someone wants to do it differently, I guess they'll have to beat me to it and that wouldn't bother me in the least.

As far as my Outer Banks meet is concerned, the pandemic taught me a lesson in not making official announcements so far in advance.  It's listed with a definitive date of April 30, but I do not plan to re-start my official thread/post for the meet until maybe January or so.

Scott5114:
My feeling is that this thread is where people throw ideas out to gauge interest. If there's interest in an idea and the poster wants to go forward with planning and organization, then they start a separate thread for that meet, and that's when you can start to think of the meet as likely to actually happen.

A.J. Bertin:

--- Quote from: Scott5114 on October 31, 2021, 09:54:42 AM ---My feeling is that this thread is where people throw ideas out to gauge interest.

--- End quote ---

That's pretty much it.  I decided to change the name of the thread from "2022 meets" to "2022 meet ideas" to reflect this reality.

yanksfan6129:
Anyone interested in a South Africa meet in February?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version