News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Hi from Vermont

Started by FlatlanderinVT, September 02, 2021, 08:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlatlanderinVT

Hello everyone!
I am new here and very happy to be a part of this interesting forum. I stumbled across this while trying to research some information for a trip I likely have coming up from the Northern Part of Vermont to the WV Panhandle towing a UHaul trailer to move some of my Mother-in-Laws "stuff". I did find a bit of info and will create a specific post here as well but I have already gone down other rabbit holes here with all of this info and anecdotes on here. I have always enjoyed reading maps and route planning and it is great to find a likeminded group of people. I look forward to the feedback on my upcoming trip planning and to contributing when I can.   

hotdogPi

Welcome from northeastern Massachusetts!
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

froggie

You have an interesting handle for someone living in one of the least flat states in the Eastern US.  I gather you're not originally from Vermont?

(FWIW, neither am I...my wife is the native Vermonter.)

FlatlanderinVT

I didn't think it would take long at all for someone to pick that up Froggie lol! I am by no means a Vermonter but do live here now. I am originally from RI and completely consider myself a proud Rhode Islander, if there is such a thing  :-P. The name came to me last night when signing up thinking about the fact I wanted to avoid terrain as much as possible on this journey.

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

kevinb1994

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.