News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Racing/driving games

Started by ilvny, March 01, 2013, 10:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

formulanone

Enduro had many gears (the car sounded as of it had a 20-speed gearbox). Played Pole Position a lot in the arcades, as well as Bump 'n Jump, Turbo, Final Lap, Super Monaco GP, Hard Driving, and a few other obscure ones. Atari also had Dodge 'em, which was ferociously hard, and Night Driver, which was usually rather easy. I recall RC Pro-Am for the NES, but not much else (driving-wise) on that console. Also have Indy 500 by Electronic Arts, which is the only PC driving game I've ever meddled with.

Billy F 1988

Up until my NFS, Burnout, Wave Race, and other platform racing games, I was introduced to Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64. My first taste of NASCAR racing on the 360 was, I think, NASCAR 05 or 06. Certainly not the Team Control version. That's when I was introduced to the 360. I never played any Playstation type racing games because of the controls. Maybe one, other than that, no. Corvette for PS2 was the only PS console game I played. I love the speedway track going backwards like in Australia. Wish I could still play that game.
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

Takumi

I remember playing Enduro as a child (yep, I had an Atari at my grandparents' house), and NES games like Spy Hunter before Mario Kart.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

AsphaltPlanet

Mario Kart is a classic.  I think Double Dash for the Game Cube was the best of the series.  The Game Cube was an underrated system.
AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

1995hoo

Quote from: formulanone on March 06, 2013, 03:03:45 PM
.... Bump 'n Jump ....

I forgot about Bump 'n Jump. We had the Intellivision cartridge and we loved that game. Used to try as hard as we could to avoid smashing any cars so that we could get the 50,000 bonus points per level.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.