News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Windshield/car camcorder mounts

Started by NJRoadfan, June 20, 2013, 06:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NJRoadfan

Any recommendations? I'd like to take some road videos and need something to mount the camera. The camera is question is a Canon HV20, nothing bulky.

hbelkins

Take a look at the Sunpak Platinum Plus Click n' Stick and see what you think.

Or if you have something that a clamp can attach to, the ClampPod Pro.

Would be interested to see others' responses here.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Dr Frankenstein

Rearview mirror and lots of tape.

Pros: Cheapest for the occasional shooter.
Cons: Only works with compacts, poor control on camera, inability to see behind you due to moving the mirror to aim the camera at the road.

Other option: Gorillapod on the dashboard, maybe?

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

DeaconG

Dawnstar: "You're an ape! And you can talk!"
King Solovar: "And you're a human with wings! Reality holds surprises for everyone!"
-Crisis On Infinite Earths #2

NJRoadfan

I eventually picked up a Sticky Pod Mini for $30. It seems to work decently well. Some camera shake, but produces a good end result for the price. My camcorder's optical image stabilization system can't compensate for that type of vibration, so I'll try and reduce it the best I can with padding.

hbelkins

Quote from: NJRoadfan on June 29, 2013, 01:38:02 AM
I eventually picked up a Sticky Pod Mini for $30. It seems to work decently well. Some camera shake, but produces a good end result for the price. My camcorder's optical image stabilization system can't compensate for that type of vibration, so I'll try and reduce it the best I can with padding.

Got a link for that product? A search for that term on Amazon didn't yield a whole lot of results.

I'm getting too much shake for my liking out of the ClampPod, which is attached to the overhang of the instrument cluster on my Saturn Vue. When I was doing videos with a smaller camera and the ClampPod on my Toyota Truck, I got less shake even though the truck has a rougher ride. I need something that's a bit more stable than what I have now.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

bugo

If the camera is small and light, a suction cup monopod is the only way to go.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.