News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

New Meta Area?

Started by Don'tKnowYet, July 18, 2013, 03:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don'tKnowYet

I see that the Meta Section of the Forum has three areas: "Welcome!" , "Photos, Videos and More"  and "Road Trips" .  Can the Forum consider a 4th area entitled "Photos Wanted" ?  It appears with the vast reach of the membership nationwide, we can use a nearby resident to obtain a picture of something for a requestor rather than me spend countless hours going through all of the links, blogs, rooms, etc. trying to find the picture I need.

Further, there are a select number of members who have all of the rooms essentially memorized, so if a request for a photo is made, these highly active members can post/interject with the location of the picture.  Active people who are knowledgeable can also provide a link to a photo if they know where it exists.

I would recommend that the new area be limited to photos only and discussion of that photo(s).  Tangents to the request should be terminated and the request locked to prevent nonsensical jargon.

Is this feasible or is the answer simply that the physical location of the photo wanted is what Regional Board to post the request to?

6a

You could start a thread and see if it takes off.  That's how some of the other forums (Transit and Bridges off the top of my head) came about.

Alps

Quote from: Don'tKnowYet on July 18, 2013, 03:17:24 PM
Is this feasible or is the answer simply that the physical location of the photo wanted is what Regional Board to post the request to?

You got it - just ask on the regional board. However, you will be expected to do a little research on your own first. You don't have to memorize who has which site, but at least try Googling what you want a photo of before coming here.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.