News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Famous TV character quotes

Started by roadman65, February 19, 2019, 06:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparker

Quote from: roadman on March 22, 2019, 09:34:29 AM
Quote from: sparker on March 22, 2019, 02:01:09 AM
B:  "Hey Rocky -- watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!"

R: "Again?  That trick never works!"

B:  "This time for sure!"

and after random item not a rabbit pulled from hat -- most common response:

B:  "Oops!  Wrong hat."

................obviously a recurring scene from The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle....................

Actually, Bullwinkle had a different response for every animal that came out of the hat.  For the bear "Wrong hat" (no oops), for the rhino "Ooh, I don't know my own strength", for the tiger "I take a seven and a half", for the lion "I gotta get another hat", and lastly (when he pulls Rocky out of the hat), "Well, I'm getting close."  Rocky's response to this was usually "And now, here's something you'll really like", except when he was pulled out of the hat, when he would say "And now it's time for another special feature."

Also, there were two versions of the "bear from the hat" routine.  One had a red background and ended with Rocky saying "And now it's time to meet Mr. Peabody.", the other was the standard blue background with Rocky making the standard response at the end.

As for other R&B recurring quotes: "It's not the Canadian way" was always uttered at some point during a Dudley DoRight episode.  "I forget how to make a 'B'" or "But how do you make the 'B'" was another one uttered at some point during an Adventures segment.

Yes, Roadman has been a lifelong fan of all things Jay Ward, and is not ashamed to admit it

Same here -- but I was a bit late to that particular party.  Got into it in college (1967-72); and was more often than not consuming brewskies or indulging in what passed for weed in those days (stems & pieces!) -- or both while watching TV -- so my precise memories are probably a bit skewed.  But Ward was indeed ahead of his time, toggling his content between kids and adults with ease (how many 10-year-olds can appreciate the significance of Boris Badenov [cf. Gudenov]?).

However, I have a slightly better recollection of a non-TV humorous comic series of the time: Gilbert Shelton's Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers.  Always surprised no one did an animated feature based on those characters' antics!

PHLBOS

Quote from: roadman on March 22, 2019, 12:35:10 PM
Quote from: PHLBOS on March 22, 2019, 10:17:13 AMFrom Go Go Gophers:

Sergeant Oakey Homa: Begging the Colonel's pardon.

Col. Kit Coyote (following Ruffled Feathers' gibberish): What did he say? What did he say?

Running Board: Him say....
Clarified it for you.
Most of the episodes I saw, the Col. only asked that once.
See 2:30 in this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MbaAfHIa2A

Another older cartoon quote/sound.  I don't dare even attempt to type out this one.  :sombrero:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_IDGrKZ0Rs
GPS does NOT equal GOD

roadman

Quote from: PHLBOS on March 22, 2019, 05:03:01 PM
Quote from: roadman on March 22, 2019, 12:35:10 PM
Quote from: PHLBOS on March 22, 2019, 10:17:13 AMFrom Go Go Gophers:

Sergeant Oakey Homa: Begging the Colonel's pardon.

Col. Kit Coyote (following Ruffled Feathers' gibberish): What did he say? What did he say?

Running Board: Him say....
Clarified it for you.
Most of the episodes I saw, the Col. only asked that once.
See 2:30 in this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MbaAfHIa2A

Another older cartoon quote/sound.  I don't dare even attempt to type out this one.  :sombrero:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_IDGrKZ0Rs

You are correct.  Have deleted my original post.

Fun Fact:  Woody Woodpecker's laugh was originally created (and voiced) by Mel Blanc.

"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

Paulinator66

Quote from: roadman65 on March 02, 2019, 10:18:31 PM
On Married With Children when Peg was horny.

Al Bundy's response: Do I have to?  Or also common to get out of sleeping with his wife was: Not now, Peg!

One time when Al accidentally saw Marcy naked: Peg!  I'm Blind!

Who can forget when Jerry's (well one of his many dates) girlfriend saw George Costanza nude.
       Girl: (Laughing at his tiny wiener)
       George: I just got out of the pool!

Sheesh, 99 responses before we got a single reference to Seinfeld.  Well, let's see. . .where to begin. . .

Sponge worthy
You're sooooo good looking (used in place of Gesundheit)
No soup for you!
Man hands
Close talker
Low talker

That's enough for now, I think.

kevinb1994

Quote from: Paulinator66 on March 25, 2019, 04:42:39 PM

Al Bundy's response: Do I have to?  Or also common to get out of sleeping with his wife was: Not now, Peg!

Who can forget when Jerry's (well one of his many dates) girlfriend saw George Costanza nude.

Sheesh, 99 responses before we got a single reference to Seinfeld.  Well, let's see. . .where to begin. . .

Sponge worthy
No soup for you!
Man hands
Close talker
Low talker

Close talker became a Moe's Southwest Grill menu option.

abefroman329

Quote from: kevinb1994 on March 25, 2019, 09:02:06 PM

Sponge worthy
No soup for you!
Man hands
Close talker
Low talker

Along with John Coctostan and the Triple Lindy.

kevinb1994

Quote from: abefroman329 on March 25, 2019, 09:03:55 PM
Quote from: kevinb1994 on March 25, 2019, 09:02:06 PM

Sponge worthy
No soup for you!
Man hands
Close talker
Low talker

Along with John Coctostan and the Triple Lindy.

That's right.

abefroman329

^^^^^^^
Shame that the food there is terrible.

kevinb1994

Quote from: abefroman329 on March 26, 2019, 09:29:27 AM
^^^^^^^
Shame that the food there is terrible.

It's not bad, but avoid the vegan/vegetarian options at all cost. Blech.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.