News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

New England/Atlantic Canada Road Trip 10/9/21-10/16/21 - Input Requested

Started by JayhawkCO, September 15, 2021, 06:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayhawkCO

Quote from: paulthemapguy on October 20, 2021, 09:44:35 AM
Quote from: jayhawkco on October 19, 2021, 08:44:05 AM
Thanks!  And thanks to everyone for all the great suggestions.  It was a really nice trip and would love to explore more up there someday.  Probably have to check Newfoundland off my list at some point in the future once my kiddo can travel, but really enjoyed my time in Nova Scotia and could see myself making it a regular thing to get out there.

Chris

Glad you had a great trip! When I went up to Nova Scotia two years ago, it made me really fall in love with the place.  I could also see myself making regular trips up there.  And it also really gave me the craving to try and see Newfoundland.  :D

It's funny.  I chatted with the bartender (probably mid 20's female) at a place I stopped in Dartmouth and she talked about how it wasn't the best place to grow up because there wasn't much to do other than some outdoors stuff.  I told her that that was exactly what appealed to me. :)  In my 20's, I wanted more excitement too I suppose.

Chris

ghYHZ

Quote from: jayhawkco on October 20, 2021, 10:44:07 AM
Thanks!  And thanks to everyone for all the great suggestions.  It was a really nice trip and would love to explore more up there someday.  Probably have to check Newfoundland off my list at some point in the future once my kiddo can travel, but really enjoyed my time in Nova Scotia and could see myself making it a regular thing to get out there. Chris
Glad you had a great trip! When I went up to Nova Scotia two years ago, it made me really fall in love with the place.  I could also see myself making regular trips up there.  And it also really gave me the craving to try and see Newfoundland.  :D
It's funny.  I chatted with the bartender (probably mid 20's female) at a place I stopped in Dartmouth and she talked about how it wasn't the best place to grow up because there wasn't much to do other than some outdoors stuff.  I told her that that was exactly what appealed to me. :)  In my 20's, I wanted more excitement too I suppose. Chris

I was the same way.....just couldn't wait to get on the road to Boston, Montreal or Toronto. Now...Halifax (pop 400,000) has the amenities of the big city I'm looking for but still a small town feel to it. And with Covid and forced to stay home I really got to experience what we do have here in Nova Scotia and within the Atlantic Bubble. I picked up a Parks Canada Pass this year and really got my moneys worth. Don't think I've ever spent as much time in a tent as I did this year!

JayhawkCO

Quote from: ghYHZ on October 20, 2021, 11:20:19 AM
Quote from: jayhawkco on October 20, 2021, 10:44:07 AM
Thanks!  And thanks to everyone for all the great suggestions.  It was a really nice trip and would love to explore more up there someday.  Probably have to check Newfoundland off my list at some point in the future once my kiddo can travel, but really enjoyed my time in Nova Scotia and could see myself making it a regular thing to get out there. Chris
It's funny.  I chatted with the bartender (probably mid 20's female) at a place I stopped in Dartmouth and she talked about how it wasn't the best place to grow up because there wasn't much to do other than some outdoors stuff.  I told her that that was exactly what appealed to me. :)  In my 20's, I wanted more excitement too I suppose. Chris

I was the same way.....just couldn't wait to get on the road to Boston, Montreal or Toronto. Now...Halifax (pop 400,000) has the amenities of the big city I'm looking for but still a small town feel to it. And with Covid and forced to stay home I really got to experience what we do have here in Nova Scotia and within the Atlantic Bubble. I picked up a Parks Canada Pass this year and really got my moneys worth. Don't think I've ever spent as much time in a tent as I did this year!

I think my next trip to Canada very well might be to do some camping and hiking in Gros Morne National Park in Newfoundland, as I'd love to do the Long Range Traverse.  I'd also love to visit Nahanni National Park (in NWT), Torngat Mountains National Park (in Labrador) and Auyuittuq National Park (Baffin Island, Nunavut), but they seem to be pretty cost prohibitive to get there.  I just need to see these places:

- Western Brook Fjord in Gros Morne
- Cirque of the Unclimbables in Nahanni
- Unnamed Mountain in Torngat
- Mount Thor in Auyuittuq
- Mount Asgard in Auyuittuq

Chris

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.