News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Illinois Road Videos

Started by Crash_It, October 24, 2021, 06:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: kphoger on May 12, 2022, 02:23:07 PM
Quote from: Crash_It on May 11, 2022, 07:45:55 PM

Quote from: kphoger on May 11, 2022, 06:51:21 PM

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 11, 2022, 06:34:51 PM
I thought Crash was rocking a Chevy Cruze?  Usually his typical answer to the sight line issues in his videos is to blame it on wide angle dash cam distortion.

Yes, he drives a black 2016 Chevy Cruze.

Not anymore

Did you Crash_It?

Because that would... not surprise me.

That's what happens when someone says "Let's Ride Illinois."

hbelkins

People from the MTR days may remember OSTT. "Operation Starve The Troll." This was a response to Calrog's constant cries for attention. Users made a conscious effort not to respond to him, not to taunt him or provoke him, or otherwise give him any attention.

Maybe it's time for OSTT 2.0?

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

JoePCool14

Quote from: hbelkins on May 12, 2022, 03:31:58 PM
People from the MTR days may remember OSTT. "Operation Starve The Troll." This was a response to Calrog's constant cries for attention. Users made a conscious effort not to respond to him, not to taunt him or provoke him, or otherwise give him any attention.

Breaking my silence to say that after the last spat with this individual where posts were mass deleted, I decided to not get involved with it anymore. I suggest others do the same.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 65+ Clinches | 280+ Traveled | 8800+ Miles Logged

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: JoePCool14 on May 12, 2022, 03:45:57 PM

Breaking my silence to say that after the last spat with this individual where posts were mass deleted, I decided to not get involved with it anymore. I suggest others do the same.

Conversely it's not like anyone is making the OP come here.  He could have just as easily ignored me posting some of his recent questionable Facebook/YouTube content.  Clearly backing down isn't in the OP's character, he can't stand being wrong no matter how obvious it might be to the rest of the world.  What's amusing to me is that OP is so blinded by a need to he right that he can't even recognize when he was being trolled.  Personally I'm not exactly agreeable to the notion that people who deliberately try to profit off staging supposed "road incidents"  should be ignored over being discredited. 

Given everything I've been told and seen about Calrog I suspect he would be quite a bit of fun to get spun up. 

Rothman

I don't remember Calrog getting spun up.  Just posting crap and more crap and people groaning at him.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Rothman on May 12, 2022, 04:19:07 PM
I don't remember Calrog getting spun up.  Just posting crap and more crap and people groaning at him.

Most of my frame of reference for the guy is that weird CA 140 NSFW video and the Little Green Shrub song.

Crash_It

Quote from: kphoger on May 12, 2022, 02:23:07 PM
Quote from: Crash_It on May 11, 2022, 07:45:55 PM

Quote from: kphoger on May 11, 2022, 06:51:21 PM

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 11, 2022, 06:34:51 PM
I thought Crash was rocking a Chevy Cruze?  Usually his typical answer to the sight line issues in his videos is to blame it on wide angle dash cam distortion.

Yes, he drives a black 2016 Chevy Cruze.

Not anymore

Did you crash it?

Because that would... not surprise me.

Nope, powertrain just randomly failed and dropped from the frame of the car at 136k miles. Ended up costing more than what its worth to fix. So I junked it and got a Toyota.

Crash_It

Crash_It

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 12, 2022, 03:59:05 PM

Conversely it's not like anyone is making the OP come here.  He could have just as easily ignored me posting some of his recent questionable Facebook/YouTube content.  Clearly backing down isn't in the OP's character, he can't stand being wrong no matter how obvious it might be to the rest of the world.  What's amusing to me is that OP is so blinded by a need to he right that he can't even recognize when he was being trolled.  Personally I'm not exactly agreeable to the notion that people who deliberately try to profit off staging supposed "road incidents"  should be ignored over being discredited. 

Given everything I've been told and seen about Calrog I suspect he would be quite a bit of fun to get spun up.

I don't know where you got that I stage things. That is very far from the truth.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Crash_It on May 12, 2022, 07:56:31 PM

I don't know where you got that I stage things. That is very far from the truth.

The totality of the evidence points to it being the only logical conclusion.  Your counter arguments are weak, once the flaws in your logic/conclusions are pointed out you tend to shrink away groups that question you the most.  I suspect you deliberately are choosing not to answer the more difficult questions posed to you in the last two/three pages given it would likely paint you in a worse light. 

So yes, if you feel that I am implying that you are a opportunist fraud and/or spam peddler those would be accurate conclusions.

Crash_It

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 12, 2022, 08:12:06 PM
Quote from: Crash_It on May 12, 2022, 07:56:31 PM

The totality of the evidence points to it being the only logical conclusion.  Your counter arguments are weak, once the flaws in your logic/conclusions are pointed out you tend to shrink away groups that question you the most.  I suspect you deliberately are choosing not to answer the more difficult questions posed to you in the last two/three pages given it would likely paint you in a worse light. 

So yes, if you feel that I am implying that you are a opportunist fraud and/or spam peddler those would be accurate conclusions.

What reason would I have to stage anything, especially since I said numerous times that I wanted a reduction in road rage incidents when compared to last year? I'm just someone who wants to get where I'm going with minimal delay. Someone does something stupid then they get butthurt and angry about being called out on it then they lash out. I'm not the only one experiencing road rage incidents out here. If you look on my Facebook page you'll even see an article that I posted. As far as the other questions... I didn't realize they were, feel free to quote them or re ask them.

kphoger

Quote from: Crash_It on May 12, 2022, 09:16:14 PM
I said numerous times that I wanted a reduction in road rage incidents when compared to last year

Then stop aggravating the drivers around you.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Crash_It

Quote from: kphoger on May 12, 2022, 09:52:48 PM
I said numerous times that I wanted a reduction in road rage incidents when compared to last year

Or other drivers should just...

1) stop being so butthurt over being honked at or passed or

2) just stop doing dumb shit and obey the rules of the road.

The roads would be a much better place if either one of these two happened.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Crash_It on May 13, 2022, 12:57:55 AM
Quote from: kphoger on May 12, 2022, 09:52:48 PM

Or other drivers should just...

1) stop being so butthurt over being honked at or passed or

2) just stop doing dumb shit and obey the rules of the road.

The roads would be a much better place if either one of these two happened.

Unless it's you, it's okay for you to be butt hurt and so dumb shit for dramatic effect.  :rolleyes:

kphoger

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 13, 2022, 08:30:07 AM
Unless it's you, it's okay for you to be butt hurt and so dumb shit for dramatic effect.  :rolleyes:

Exactly.  He claims to want less road rage.  And yet, when he blares his horn at people, it's their fault for getting upset.

I said numerous times that I wanted a reduction in road rage incidents

When a driver does something risky or boneheaded or whatever, then a reasonable person simply adjusts his driving to accommodate it.  A prudent driver gives that other driver a wide berth until he's sure the other driver isn't drunk or otherwise reckless.  A conscientious driver might even tap the horn briefly to let the other driver know that the maneuver was a bad idea.  No road rage.

But, when a driver does something like that near you, you blare your horn at them for multiple seconds, glare at them out the window, do things to get yourself pulled over by the police, and post videos and gripe about it on the internet.

YOU ARE THE ROAD RAGE.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Crash_It

Quote from: kphoger on May 13, 2022, 09:28:50 AM

Exactly.  He claims to want less road rage.  And yet, when he blares his horn at people, it's their fault for getting upset.

When a driver does something risky or boneheaded or whatever, then a reasonable person simply adjusts his driving to accommodate it.  A prudent driver gives that other driver a wide berth until he's sure the other driver isn't drunk or otherwise reckless.  A conscientious driver might even tap the horn briefly to let the other driver know that the maneuver was a bad idea.  No road rage.

But, when a driver does something like that near you, you blare your horn at them for multiple seconds, glare at them out the window, do things to get yourself pulled over by the police, and post videos and gripe about it on the internet.

YOU ARE THE ROAD RAGE.

I haven't been pulled over in quite sometime and even then it wasn't a conviction. There's no law against honking the way I do. It all falls within the grounds of to ensure safe operation. However, there are laws against drivers reacting the way they have been. That's what makes it a road rage Incident.

Flint1979

Quote from: Crash_It on May 13, 2022, 03:58:27 PM

YOU ARE THE ROAD RAGE.

I haven't been pulled over in quite sometime and even then it wasn't a conviction. There's no law against honking the way I do. It all falls within the grounds of to ensure safe operation. However, there are laws against drivers reacting the way they have been. That's what makes it a road rage Incident.
Excessive horn honking can be considered noise pollution.

Max Rockatansky

YOU ARE THE ROAD RAGE.

Who are you trying to convince?...perhaps yourself?  Everyone in here who has seen your videos knows you lay on the horn purposely to elicit reactions or stage a more "harrowing"  scenes for your YouTube channel.  You aren't capable of putting together enough worthwhile road content, so you try to stage it instead.  The fact that you can't seem to follow up on the rebranding of your channel into something more mainstream road content wise (hence the change from Crash_It to Let's Ride Illinois) speaks to the fact that you're just a hack.  But it isn't like the entire mainstream road world hasn't been telling you this for quite some time now, so dispense with another broken record denial of reality.

Max Rockatansky

A question for everyone else out there.  Is there a single respectable road channel and/or page that features road rage videos as part of their primary content?  I can't think of a single one of note. 

kphoger

I didn't say that honking your horn is against the law.  I said that you are the road rage.

Let me explain this by way of analogy.  Let's imagine that I'm riding a bicycle down the street, and you're a pedestrian.  You start crossing the street in front of me (maybe you didn't see me, maybe you hate cyclists, who knows, doesn't matter), and I have to swerve up onto the sidewalk in order to avoid hitting you.  That was a bonehead move on your part, but everyone is perfectly fine.  And yet, instead of just letting it go, I start cussing you out, calling you dirty names, heaping insults upon your mother.  Lots of f-bombs to go around, but nothing actually threatening, so it's legal.  You get angry at my verbal assault, so you pick up a nearby tree branch and try to jab it in between the spokes of my wheel.  This is getting ugly now.  The question is this:  whose fault is the fight?  The answer is this:  it's mine.  In this scenario, I am the rage.

And that's the sort of behavior you exhibit on the road.  Someone does something dumb.  Instead of just letting it go like everyone else does, you make yourself known.  You aren't 'ensuring safe operation' at all by blaring your horn, because the maneuver has already been done or at least started by the time you do so.  You aren't warning anyone, you're cussing them out with your car.  You are the road rage.
Male pronouns, please.

kphoger

There's no law against honking the way I do. It all falls within the grounds of to ensure safe operation.

Answer me this question:

If a driver pulls out from a sideroad in front of you, such that the driver is already in your lane, then how exactly does honking your horn "insure safe operation" of your vehicle?  Explain that to me.

It's already too late for the other driver to change course.
You can either avoid hitting the other vehicle, or you can't–regardless of horn honking.

Quote from: Illinois Compiled Statutes
VEHICLES

(625 ILCS 5/) Illinois Vehicle Code

CHAPTER 12. EQUIPMENT OF VEHICLES

ARTICLE VI. MISCELLANEOUS REQUIREMENTS

Sec. 12-601. Horns and warning devices

The driver of a motor vehicle shall when reasonably necessary to insure safe operation give audible warning with his horn but shall not otherwise use such horn when upon a highway.

Quote from: Illinois Compiled Statutes
VEHICLES

(625 ILCS 5/) Illinois Vehicle Code

CHAPTER 1. TITLE AND DEFINITIONS

Sec. 1-126. Highway.

The entire width between the boundary lines of every way publicly maintained when any part thereof is open to the use of the public for purposes of vehicular travel or located on public school property.

If my brakes go out, then I might need to use my horn to insure the safe operation of my vehicle.

If another driver appears to be drifting into my lane, such that a crash appears to be forthcoming, then I might need to use my horn to insure the safe operation of my vehicle.

If another driver has already cut me off in traffic, then it's too late for the use of my horn to do any good w/r/t safe operation of my vehicle.

Unless you can demonstrate that 'honking your horn the way you do' actually 'insures safe operation' of your vehicle, then you 'shall not otherwise use such horn' on any public road in the state of Illinois.
Male pronouns, please.

Crash_It

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 13, 2022, 04:15:30 PM

YOU ARE THE ROAD RAGE.

Who are you trying to convince?...perhaps yourself?  Everyone in here who has seen your videos knows you lay on the horn purposely to elicit reactions or stage a more "harrowing"  scenes for your YouTube channel.  You aren't capable of putting together enough worthwhile road content, so you try to stage it instead.  The fact that you can't seem to follow up on the rebranding of your channel into something more mainstream road content wise (hence the change from Crash_It to Let's Ride Illinois) speaks to the fact that you're just a hack.  But it isn't like the entire mainstream road world hasn't been telling you this for quite some time now, so dispense with another broken record denial of reality.

Once again with the staging accusations. Totally false. I do both kinds of content on that channel. I just released an I74 video a few weeks back

https://youtu.be/FHhyadQ4Rmk

I have a horseshoe lake video coming this weekend followed by an Illinois 127 video before memorial day. In between that is a new episode of bad driving in Chicagoland since it's been awhile since I released one of those as well. I'm doing both kinds of dashcam content on that channel and the rebranding to Let's Ride Illinois more accurately reflects that. The road rage videos are an unintended feature on that channel. Also, before the rebranding I've also done standard road videos as well but didn't put much emphasis on them. Here's one of the last one's I've made as Crash It
https://youtu.be/Me0XCJ5Bd-4

Max Rockatansky

Sure seems like you weren't interested in "rebranding"  until you started to hit up the major road pages with road rage/defensive driver videos.  People pointed out to you very quickly (including here) that they didn't want to bad driver videos, especially what you were putting out.  I also recall how defensive you got whenever some notable people in the hobby tried to give you pointers on how to take better videos.  You really shot yourself in the foot with all the bad will you put out there with all these trash level bad driver videos which you topped off by trying to defend "geographic splendor"  or Illinois. 

If you you were interested in being a serious mainstream road channel and page you would do the following:

1.  Totally drop the bad driver, road rage and cammer garbage nobody wants to see.  This would include stopping trying to be a "legal expert"  on driving laws and going all vigilante with your car horn.  You might want exam your hatred of the truck crowd also, that hasn't done you any favors.
2.  Up the frequency of your actual highway videos to several a month if not weekly.  Add some actual neutral based historic research into the highways you feature instead of twisting Teddy Roosevelt quotes to fit a particular narrative.  Also, you aren't impressing anyone by posting two videos here and one is a year old. 
3.  Stop being so offended every time someone is critical of something you put or tries to give you critique with video capture.  Channel/page feedback can be a incredibly useful tool if you are willing to listen, you haven't thus far. 
4.  Be prepared to deal with "Illinois is flat"  memes and not react to them.  That all started because you got offended when you try to say the state wasn't.
5.  Stop calling people racists because they are from another state or don't agree with your point of view.  This would include not saying really stupid things like only certain ethnicities listen to certain music and insinuating truck drivers comprise a singular political view.  Lobbing baseless accusations is stupid to begin with and unfathomably stupid if you are trying to build an actual brand identity.

Or you could just keep supplying us with new road memes.  I kind of enjoyed the whole revenge of the Entenmann's truck driver thing myself personally.

Crash_It

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 14, 2022, 11:01:56 AM
Sure seems like you weren't interested in "rebranding"  until you started to hit up the major road pages with road rage/defensive driver videos.  People pointed out to you very quickly (including here) that they didn't want to bad driver videos, especially what you were putting out.  I also recall how defensive you got whenever some notable people in the hobby tried to give you pointers on how to take better videos.  You really shot yourself in the foot with all the bad will you put out there with all these trash level bad driver videos which you topped off by trying to defend "geographic splendor"  or Illinois. 

If you you were interested in being a serious mainstream road channel and page you would do the following:

1.  Totally drop the bad driver, road rage and cammer garbage nobody wants to see.  This would include stopping trying to be a "legal expert"  on driving laws and going all vigilante with your car horn.  You might want exam your hatred of the truck crowd also, that hasn't done you any favors.
2.  Up the frequency of your actual highway videos to several a month if not weekly.  Add some actual neutral based historic research into the highways you feature instead of twisting Teddy Roosevelt quotes to fit a particular narrative.  Also, you aren't impressing anyone by posting two videos here and one is a year old. 
3.  Stop being so offended every time someone is critical of something you put or tries to give you critique with video capture.  Channel/page feedback can be a incredibly useful tool if you are willing to listen, you haven't thus far. 
4.  Be prepared to deal with "Illinois is flat"  memes and not react to them.  That all started because you got offended when you try to say the state wasn't.
5.  Stop calling people racists because they are from another state or don't agree with your point of view.  This would include not saying really stupid things like only certain ethnicities listen to certain music and insinuating truck drivers comprise a singular political view.  Lobbing baseless accusations is stupid to begin with and unfathomably stupid if you are trying to build an actual brand identity.

Or you could just keep supplying us with new road memes.  I kind of enjoyed the whole revenge of the Entenmann's truck driver thing myself personally.

I was considering rebranding long before those posts started. It was a little misguided on my behalf in sharing those bad drivers videos here. That's why I created this thread to only focus on the standard road videos that I make. It's going to be a 50/50 focus for now. I may eventually lower it to 75/25.

SSOWorld

Make it a 100% focus on road videos and 0% on rage and hatred and we'll be happy.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.