San Diego County, CA sign pics: Poway, Santee, Historic US 80

Started by M3100, April 08, 2022, 11:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M3100

Here are a few pics I got today (April 8, 2022) while tying up loose ends to clinch some road segments.

1. This is in Poway, on Pomerado Road (Historic US 395) facing south toward the intersection with Poway Road (San Diego County S4).  I don't know what the "T" and "S" letters on the sign refer to - maybe these are wildfire evacuation routes?  {other signs in the area also have an "R"}

2. This is in Santee; the sign is on westbound Mission Gorge Road. Note the older SR 52 sign in button copy.

3. This is near the City Heights section of San Diego, facing west on El Cajon Blvd. a/k/a "The Boulevard".  This route is signed in places for Historic US 80, but note in this picture a blue/red I-8 Business Loop sign.   This is also an intersection with Historic US 395, which headed north (right) on Fairmount, and continued west as a multiplex with Historic US 80.

4. "The Boulevard" and Fairmount facing east, with an Historic US 80 sign on the pole at left.

5. Olde Highway 80 at Los Coches Road, facing east, east of El Cajon; note Historic US 80 sign on the far side of the intersection.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.