News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

25th Anniversary Road Meet History Podcast Episode

Started by CanesFan27, April 18, 2024, 09:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanesFan27

It's the 25th anniversary of the first road meet - Greensburg, PA in February 1999.  On the latest Junction Roadcast - I sit down with Jeff Kitsko of Pennsylvania Highways and Bruce Cridlebaugh of pghbriges.com to talk about that first meet 25 years ago and a preview of Jeff's upcoming 25th Anniversary Meet on May 4.

Then - Jeff, our own Doug Kerr, and Steve Alpert of Alps' Roads join me for a roundtable discussion on roadmeets past, present, and future.

Come give it a listen on your next drive in to work or roadtrip!

https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/gribblenation/episodes/Junction-Episode-2---Road-Meets-e2ija4o

ccurley100

Just got through listening to it. My first meet was the 540 Raleigh meet in 2000 or 2001. I can't ever remember what year it was. I'd say my favorite was definitely Breezewood in 2004. Just being able to drive the abandoned turnpike and go through the tunnels was an unforgettable experience.

74/171FAN

I am definitely guilty on the side of being one of many single people coming to meets.  However, it is hard for me just to go somewhere without a reason to (hence why my clinching in New England is so little), but I would rather go to a meet in Little Rock or Atlanta than just complain about being single all the time.

I would love to get more people in the local location of a meet involved, and maybe I can figure something out for that if I ever do a Prince George County, VA, Meet.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.