News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Series 2009 currency is out

Started by Scott5114, January 11, 2010, 09:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott5114

Not sure if there's any other currency collectors in here or if it's just me and Jake but:

We have a new series. (Check out the signatures!)
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

agentsteel53

nice; a legible Timmy G signature!
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Scott5114

Indeed (though still sloppy!). And the word "Gumataotao" is now added to the list of sig combinations!

Scott5114

The December 2009 report has been released by the BEP. The only Series 2009 currency was printed at Washington. Only $20s in the serial number range JB 00000001 A thru JB 51200000 A were printed. Meanwhile Fort Worth printed 2006 $20s in the IF...E and IF...F blocks. All other denominations were printed as 2006s.

I'm guessing that 2006 $100s will continue to be printed until the G-type design comes out (which should be soon) at which time they'll click over. Hopefully the weird shit that happened with the 2006 $5s won't occur again.

florida

Nice! Not an adept currency person (more of coins), but I do like when they release, and to collect, the A through E or F series (during one year). Do you mean the huge purple 5 on the back as being the weirdness of the 2006 $5s?
So many roads...so little time.

mgk920

Quote from: florida on February 01, 2010, 04:35:41 AM
Nice! Not an adept currency person (more of coins), but I do like when they release, and to collect, the A through E or F series (during one year). Do you mean the huge purple 5 on the back as being the weirdness of the 2006 $5s?

I'm thinking that he means that the first series of colored fives and the last series of non-colored 'big head' fives were both in the '2006' serial number series, with the colored ones having serial numbers starting with 'I' and the non-colored ones having serial numbers starting with 'H'.

It is a strange situation for banknote serial number geeks.

Mike

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.