News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

GENIUS

Started by US71, February 11, 2011, 04:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

I contacted AHTD the other day about the Broadway Bridge http://bridgehunter.com/ar/pulaski/broadway/

Specifically, I was wondering approximately how much it cost to build and who the contractors were.

Today, I received my answer: It was built in 1923.   :banghead:
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

6a

I guess that means "the info's buried in the basement and I'll be damned if I'm digging it out."

US71

Quote from: 6a on February 11, 2011, 04:31:04 PM
I guess that means "the info's buried in the basement and I'll be damned if I'm digging it out."

Knowing AHTD, anything is possible.

J N Winkler

Did AHTD (or, rather, its predecessor agency) publish an annual or biennial report in the 1920's?  If so, the relevant report covering 1923 will likely have a listing of contracts with details of construction cost and contractor receiving the award.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

US71

Quote from: J N Winkler on February 11, 2011, 07:51:16 PM
Did AHTD (or, rather, its predecessor agency) publish an annual or biennial report in the 1920's?  If so, the relevant report covering 1923 will likely have a listing of contracts with details of construction cost and contractor receiving the award.

I know they did in the 1950's, but have yet to find anything for the 1920's

UPDATE: I found some reports, but no info on the bridge. I DID, however, find a couple maps of the 1924 Highway System.    :)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.