News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

The Onion - Report: States Quietly Raising Speed Limits Near Failing Schools

Started by relaxok, March 09, 2011, 09:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

relaxok

algorerhythms

Quote from: relaxok on March 09, 2011, 09:06:06 PM
http://www.theonion.com/articles/report-states-quietly-raising-speed-limits-near-fa,18657/

Not in great taste but.. that's not what got me.. with the font, it's like they didn't even try!
:)

Considering the "When Flashing" sign is attached to the "Drug Free Zone" sign and not the speed limit sign, I can only conclude that since the lights are not flashing, drugs are permitted at that school.

AVOID MANGLED QUOTES

vdeane

I've seen strange fonts on speed limit signs before.  The Thruway used to post 65 using numbers in bold, though lately they seem to use the MUTCD for speed limit signs.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

njroadhorse

You gotta love The Onion, that's just great.  Except for the whole font mangling thing ;-)
NJ Roads FTW!
Quote from: agentsteel53 on September 30, 2009, 04:04:11 PM
I-99... the Glen Quagmire of interstate routes??

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.