News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Killer Comet?

Started by roadman65, April 14, 2011, 10:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

Has anyone ever heard of a another comet that will grace our skies this coming Fall?  I heard a Russian astronomist has found one heading our way and one website says that it has too wide of a range from 42 million miles to our atmosphere.   

Has anyone know of this comet?  Are we in danger of what Nostradamus predicted?
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

agentsteel53

we are always in danger.  that is how we know that we are alive.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

NE2

It's true. The Mayans predicted it thousands of years ago using a long-lost branch of mathematics. Our only hope is that if we frack enough around Yellowstone the supervolcano will blow and shift our orbit out of harm's way.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Damn Ruskies!  :pan:
At least we'll still a couple of space shuttles so we can send Clint Eastwood, Bruce Willis, and Billy Bob Thornton with a nuclear warhead to deflect said boulder if necessary.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

realjd

Quote from: NE2 on April 15, 2011, 01:09:08 AM
It's true. The Mayans predicted it thousands of years ago using a long-lost branch of mathematics. Our only hope is that if we frack enough around Yellowstone the supervolcano will blow and shift our orbit out of harm's way.

Of course that will kick off the superavalanche in the Canaries which will result in the 300' tall supertsunami that covers all of Florida. I'm prepared though - I have a kayak!

Grzrd

Quote from: realjd on April 17, 2011, 09:30:27 AM
Quote from: NE2 on April 15, 2011, 01:09:08 AM
Of course that will kick off the superavalanche in the Canaries which will result in the 300' tall supertsunami that covers all of Florida. I'm prepared though - I have a kayak!
What about those of us without kayaks?  How about a "Roadgeeks save the world" option:

Quote from: kaothinterceptor on April 14, 2011, 04:44:26 PM
Quote from: agentsteel53 on April 13, 2011, 06:27:56 PM
I'd extend I-99 to connect to China's freeway grid.
what's the shortest route to China?  why, through the center of the Earth, of course.
Genius. Absolute GENIUS!
A goodly percentage of humanity could ride out the impact on/in I-99; Post-impact, human survivors could re-emerge from the tunnel and I-99 might very well be The Last Interstate remaining.

BUILD IT NOW ... BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!

xonhulu

Quote from: Grzrd on April 17, 2011, 04:01:54 PM
A goodly percentage of humanity could ride out the impact on/in I-99; Post-impact, human survivors could re-emerge from the tunnel and I-99 might very well be The Last Interstate remaining.

BUILD IT NOW ... BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!

Wait . . . are you saying Bud Shuster may end up being the world's savior?  Wild!

But I agree: building the Trans-Core Tunnel will be a lot easier than blowing up the asteroid.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.